AC200P power brick fan never turns off

How long was it stuck at 99%?

When I cycled my battery – discharged to 0% and then recharged back to 100% using the AC adapter only – it progressed steadily to 99%, gaining about 1% every 3 or 4 minutes. But when it got to 99% it took a full half hour to get to 100%, but it finally got there. I’m using the newer 500w charger, which charges at approximately 450w. During the last 10 minutes of the half hour it took to get from 99% to 100%, the charge wattage steadily decreased from 450w to less than 100w. It was when the charge wattage got below 100w that it finally got to 100% and charging shut off.

Of course the fan continued, but I unplugged the unit at that point. I don’t find the fan to be a annoyance because the unit is in the laundry room and I can’t hear it from any other room in the house. I also tend to check on the unit pretty frequently when it’s running, so I know when it’s fully charged and then unplug the AC adapter.

BTW, how do you “call” Bluetti customer service? I don’t have any customer service phone number. I have only been able to contact them by email, and that can be very slow with delays in responses to my emails.

Savante, Thank you for sharing that. I did the total discharge yesterday and it went to 0% and shut off, I then recharged it last night and it was on 99% for 20 min. and then I shut it off and gave up and went to bed. I will try giving it more time today. I said I would call customer service, but I was unaware of no phone #.

If you go to Blueitti website , then click on about us, then contact info , they have a phone #. BTW, Thank you very much. I plugged in my unit again this morning, and it did exactly as you said. it charged for 5 min and then started counting down from 460 to 0 in the last 5 min, and went to 100% and charger went green. Originally I thought my Unit was defective and was over charging the cells. But with your advise I now know this is normal. Thank you Thank you… Bill…

If I’m not mistaken, the earlier model AC chargers did not have that cooling fan and the newer ones do.
Mine does and personally, I can put up with the noise knowing it’ll run a little cooler and probably more efficiently because it’s cooler while putting in higher wattage.

1 Like

running cooler is a good thing.

1 Like

You are correct, original no fan, newer version, fan

1 Like