AC200P MPPT Charge Controller

It’s my understanding that theAC200P has a built in MPPT Charge Controller. If that is indeed the case, is there any reason I can’t use an MC4 to 8mm connector cable direct from my 345 watt solar panel to the 8mm connector on the AC200P??!

Hi @porciniman, yes, the AC200P does have an MPPT controller. There are two input ports on your AC200P:

Only the aviation 2-pin input on the left connects to the MPPT controller. The DC 7909 (8mm) input on the right only accepts DC input of exactly 58.8V. This is why you can’t connect your solar panels to the 8mm connector as their voltage will never remain a constant 58.8V. The AC adapter that came with your AC200P produces exactly 58.8V and so does the D050S charge enhancer accessory.

Bluetti has a video showing how to connect your solar panels to your AC200P here: AC200P | Solar Charging - YouTube

Here’s also a link to the AC200P user guide: https://cdn.shopifycdn.net/s/files/1/0370/4986/0229/files/User_Manual-AC200P.pdf?v=1606794630

You can find these and more links on the Bluetti User Guides page: https://www.bluettipower.com/pages/user-guides

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, my D050S just crapped out on me and I can’t find one for sale ANYWHERE!! Do ya know of any substitutes for the D050S, or anyone with one to sell? Right now, I can’t charge my 2-B230 batteries except with the AC adapter, which kinda defeats the purpose of have solar if I’m just using a wall plug to charger the batteries. I tried using the AC adapter plugged into the AC200P to charge the B230, but it discharges faster than it can recharge with solar, now that I can’t use the D050S!!

There is one thing I can think of but I can’t even say if it will work. One thing’s for sure is that it’s not going to be as dependable as the D050S (which, btw ask Bluetti for a replacement or to have it repaired if you haven’t already).

Since you were using a D050S in the past your solar input must be below 60V and above 16V. You could use a DC boost/step-up converter to achieve 58.8V. I purchased this one a while back which I’ve experimented with on my EB150’s 16-60V DC input. The problem with DC step-up converters is that they expect the input voltage to be constant, which is not characteristic of solar panels. When you start pulling amps from the panels the input voltage will decrease from the open circuit voltage (Voc) to the operating voltage (Vmp) and some step-up converters won’t be able to deal with this and the output voltage could drop significantly as well. The situation gets worse when the power station requests more amps than your solar panel system can supply, when that happens then the input voltage plummets. This per-se shouldn’t harm your power station as it should reject any voltage less than 58.8V. All this said, no guarantees this will work for you and this is just an idea.

Thanks for taking the times to respond with your idea. If anything, the DO50S has shown me, it’s not dependable as it died in just 2 months!! Bluetti shows they’re outta stock, as is everyone else. I’ve contacted customer service, but they are very slow in responding ! I haven’t had much luck dealing with them in the past, so I’m not expecting great things in the future with their CS !