AC200p car charging help

I don’t know of a specific charger since the output voltage of 58.5 volts is not terribly common and it has to be very close to that voltage. You could purchase any charger that is about 48 or higher volts and 200 output watts and do a little cable surgery (or find one with an XT90 output) to enable connecting it to your solar input (aviation port) port of the AC200P. This would be just like connecting solar and your settings would have to be set to solar as well on the AC200P. A search on Amazon for 48 volt XT90 battery charger should get some results in a variety of wattages.

2 Likes

Support told me no charging with less than 45 VDC, and that it charges at 58.8v, thoughts on this charger? My eyes tell me it’s within parameters, but I could be missing something and would appreciate another person looking at it.

Thanks for the suggestion on splicing, too, I didn’t consider that as an option.

Really appreciate the help. I have done a lot of research but see conflicting info so a single informed source is welcomed.

I think that would work for about 220 watts or so. The male plug end would have to be adapted up to the correct 7909 connector though.

I want to buy the AC200Max but the charging time when driving is only 100watts. Ik have been thinking about a solution. Is this a cahnce to make more watts streaming into the powermachine?

Yes that would increase your charging watts to the mid 200 range. You can use a 12V to 48V step up converter to increase the charging watts to around 500 watts as well.

Hello Scott, Thanks for your answer. Do you know a ‘profen-technolgy’ booster to go from 12v to 48v? Unfortunately Victron does not have such a coverter available…
Thanks in advance!

https://www.amazon.com/KNACRO-Converter-Regulator-20A-Waterproof/dp/B0BYYYKKVD/ref=sr_1_44?crid=K6GWVALNP5VM&keywords=12%2Bto%2B48%2Bboost%2Bconverter&qid=1707505085&sprefix=12%2Bto%2B48%2Bboost%2Bconverte%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-44&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0&th=1

This is a type I have used and recommend double the output amperage I would intend to use just to keep the unit cooler. It is also a good idea to connect a fan to the unit to blow cold air on the case. Proper size wiring would be needed as well as sufficient vehicle additional alternator capacity. I like the victron unit you pictured the best if you can live with the lower wattage output.

Hello Scott,

Thanks, I will take this solution as a possibilitie as well.
I like the quality of the Victron solutions…

Cheers,
Bert