I want to charge my AC200max with reduce power (vs 500W default power supply) to make best use of not consumed PV overhead (in my case usually 200-400Watt unused).
AC charging would be automatically activated with a relai via HomeAssistant, when house power meters see sufficient unused energy to start charging…
Please correct me if this option is not reasonable/ not good for bluetti itself/ worse efficiency…
Car charge plug - 24V - DC input set to “others”
- AC power supply wirh DC 24V/10A → 8,2A *24V approx 200W
- Are there other ways to control/reduce charging power of default 500W supply?
Can I also connect the 24V/10A Power supply in solar mode (e.g. MeanWell DRP-240-24 - 40EUR…)?
- As I understand, the Bluetti will automatically the turn on, which is better.
- I would then use max current of 10A (not optimal for power supply vs 80%), but cannot be limited by Bluetti or reaching 15A…
- What do I need to consider for power supply beside over current protection?
Hi @mini_PV , sorry for late reply.
- Adapter charging 500W is the default, which can not be reduced.
- PV and car charging can not be used together
- In addition to overcurrent protection and overvoltage protection, etc.
Hope above will help.
thanks for confirmation.
Only confusing is - using a power supply with 24/10A output directly connected with XT90:
Surprisingly I get 196W independent if I activate the mode “PV” or “Car” mode - means both run at 24Vx8,2A. For car mode as defined, but in PV mode it should be 24Vx10A = 240W or not (as 15A is max rated)?
Remark for other users:
Auto turn on function in mode “PV” is really great for automation, you can easily activitate the power supply with e.g. a relay in case of more sun power than consumed to charge nicely the bluetti!