AC200MAX charging 50amp rv battery so slow

Had my AC200MAX for a couple weeks. Live in my travel trailer. Just had to move to a spot that has no power available so I’ve been using my 200MAX to keep the trailer battery charged. First couple times I plugged it in to RV, it went immediately to 14.1V (usually sits at 13.9V). Today I plugged it in for 3 hours after work and the battery is still reading 11.2. It has been cold the past couple days, although today it was 50*F so I would think warm enough for the generator to work as it should. What could I be doing wrong?

@BillyGirl , Hi , The RV port of AC200max is 12V/30A.
The 11.2V you mentioned is also within the normal range, as for the slow charging you mentioned, specifically refers to the meaning of low input power?

Hi. It didn’t charge my rv battery at all. I had a completely dead battery even though though I had the generator plugged into the rv for 24 hours. The generator showed 72% which is what it was when I plugged into the rv. The rv is a 50amp but I have an adapter to 30 amp. The first few times the generator fully charged the battery This last time it seems it didn’t do anything. Nothing different in how I set it up.

RV interface is the output port, generally speaking, can only power the machine.
AC200MAX can use the RV port can also use the AC port. If you want to charge faster you can use the AC port to charge, which needs to open the AC/DC.

I think that’s what I did. I had it open in the AC. That’s how it ran the rv / charged the battery previously.

RV interface is the output port, generally speaking, can only power the machine. By machine, are you referring to the generator itself? It can only power the generator? I’m not understanding.

Hi @BillyGirl , The RV port is an output port that can only output electricity to power AC200MAX. And you cannot power the RV battery through the RV port.

My guesses are 1) your RV battery is dead. 2) your RV’s battery charger is dead. Or 3) you forgot to turn on the Bluetti’s AC power, or there is something wrong with the Bluetti.

The way I understand your description, you are using the AC200Max’s 30amp output to plug into your RV’s 50 amp shore power input (with a 30 amp conversion). With the Bluetti’s AC power on, this powers your RV’s 120 volt system. All your outlets, TV, Microwave should work. This will also turn on your RV’s battery charger.
When plugged into the Bluetti with the AC power on, the battery should read 13-14.1 volts. When you unplug from the Bluetti, or turn the AC power off, the battery should stay above 12 volts for a few minutes. If it slowly drops, that means the battery needs to be charged. If it drops right away to 11.2 then the battery is dead and probably needs replaced.
If you plug the Bluetti in and turn the AC power on, and your Outlets, TV, Microwave work, but your battery says something less than 12.6 volts, then there is something wrong with your RV’s battery charger. Check for a blown fuse, or tripped breaker.
If you plug the Bluetti in and turn on the AC, but your Outlets, TV or Microwave dont turn on, then there is something wrong with the BLuetti or your 120 volt system.

2 Likes

Thank you Brian. Yes, exactly! It was my understanding that plugging into the bluetti rv outlet would be the same as plugging into regular shore power. The first week I had the RV plugged into the bluetti and it was powering everything plus keeping the battery charged to above 13. When I was plugged into shore power the battery was maintained at 13.9 so I didn’t see how plugging into the bluettie rv outlet would be any different. I was charging the bluetti to 100% at my office every couple days. After the first week it wasn’t charging the battery and eventually the battery was dead. I had to move to a different location where I could have the 50 amp outlet installed. I did find out the battery needed replacing. I’m plugged into the 50amp shore power and the new battery is working fine. I’ll keep the bluetti for power outages which we see often during the winter in Colorado mountains.
I appreciate you responding to my questions. Thank you.

The RV port is an output port that can only output electricity to power AC200MAX. ? I thought the RV port would output electricity to power an RV.

And you cannot power the RV battery through the RV port. I have been keeping my rv battery charged via the 50amp shore power for a year and half.

My questions have been answered. Thank you.