AC200MAX and B300 SOC imbalance

Hi, I recently bought a B300 for my AC200MAX. When connecting the B300 to the AC200MAX the SOC of the B300 stays way behind the SOC of the AC200MAX (about 20% or more). The B300 only charges to 100% when the AC200MAX has already hit 100% SOC.
This is the answer I got from support: “Yes. B230 is designed for AC200MAX, B300 is designed for AC300, so when AC200MAX and B300 are connected together, there may be a state of SOC imbalance.”
That’s certainly not what the B300 product page says.
Do I now have to return it?

The AC200MAX has about 2000wh while the B300 has about 3000wh.
I think it tries to charge them more equally (wh not %) so only fully charges the B300 after the AC200MAX is full.

1 Like

Hi @mark_s , AC200MAX standard extended battery pack is B230, there will be no such problems.
However, if you choose B300, the battery voltage point deviation, the higher voltage will be filled first.
This leads to the phenomenon of SOC imbalance. Hope this helps you.

This is very unfortunate as this module is basically not really suitable for the AC200MAX. This should be mentioned on the product page.
I’ve contacted my supplier and was able to exchange the B300 for the B230 but it will take a couple of weeks.

Hi @mark_s , This situation will not affect the product or your normal use. We also appreciate your suggestion and will feedback to the website support team. Thank you so much!

I have the AC 200 max with the B230 and this has been my experience as well. They do not discharge or recharge at the same rate but they both do discharge and recharge fully.

Hi @doecliff Can you tell me what SOC deviations you see between the AC200MAX and B230?
Yesterday I started charging at 40% / 40% and today the SOC was 95% / 50%.

Hi @BLUETTI My concern is that if the AC200MAX’s battery often hits 100%, it could shorten its life. Will Bluetti provide a warranty if capacity problems arise as a result?

I think I read in the manual that when using the wall charger one will charge almost completely before the other depending on which battery you plug the charger into

Actually the B230 manual is very clear about the wall charger:

T500 adapter on AC200Max:
When SOC-A = SOC-B, both of the two units will be charged simultaneously.
When SOC-A < SOC-B, AC200Max will be charged first by all power source in the Capacity Fusion System until SOC-A = SOC-B, then both of the two units will be charged simultaneously.
When SOC-A > SOC-B, only AC200Max will be recharged.

T500 adapter on B230:
When SOC-A = SOC-B, both of the two units will be charged simultaneously.
When SOC-A < SOC-B, B230 will be charged by exterior power source, AC200Max will be charged by B230.
When SOC-A > SOC-B, B230 will be charged first by all power source in the Capacity Fusion System until SOC-B = SOC-A, then both of the two units will be charged simultaneously.

This is the latest reply from support:

This may be a design flaw, we have conveyed the customer’s feedback to the R&D department, and we hope that this problem can be solved in the later stage. Currently, we don’t have other solutions. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Why do you say it’s not suitable? I have been running two of them off of my AC 200 max and they work just fine.

So what are you saying @rbillideau ? You don’t experience SOC imbalance or it just doesn’t matter to you?

No I experience it, but I figured it was the way it was designed.

As long as it charges them from solare to full I don’t care about the SOC for each component. There are similar behaviors when used on my AC300.

1 Like

I would like to see them discharge (and charge) at the same rate simultaneously but the fact that they don’t is okay. As long as you understand its the way they are and you monitor it you will become accustomed to it. You would think that when you link them together the two batteries become one large battery but its not the case.

Like mentioned before my concern is that if the AC200MAX’s battery often hits 100% SOC, it could shorten its life. I rather not take that risk.

You could always charge it via the T500 or solar directly. I understand what you are saying though…

The max should have an option to configure the maximum charge like my Samsung phone which is set to limit the charge to 85%,