AC200L Max Grid Input Current 12A?

Hello, my AC200L was just delivered. It’s almost done with it’s first charge to full. I’ve updated the BMS firmware to v1043.11.

Looking into the advanced settings, the “Max Charging Current of Grid” is set at 12 Amps. The manual says the default max is 15A that and if one wants to set it to 20A, one has to contact Customer Service and request a password. But it seems somewhere along the way it was decided that 12A is now the new max default and I need “permission” just to use 15A. How do I go about changing this to what I feel is a moderate Current of 15A?

Will the User Manual be updated to show that? Seems silly for a device that can handle 20A (or maybe it can’t?) to be throttled to 12A.

Hi @Bob70533457973917

i think the throttle is for a simple reason, lifetime of the components.

Its like a car engine, for sure you can always drive on 100% engine power. But im sure that this engine dont will last as long as a engine that only run 50% of his power.

technicly the Unit can receive 20A, but its recommended to not use more than the default value, all the time.

@BLUETTI_CARE or @BLUETTI Maybe you can confirm or correct me?

greetings
Erik

I suggest you read this interesting article, which talks about the 12A, 15A and 20A values of American plugs.

How many watts can an American wall socket handle (I know most circuit breakers are limited to 1800 watts, but let’s say that’s not a consideration)? - Quora

Ira J Perlow

B.S. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering & Computer Science, University of Maryland, College Park (Graduated 1977)Author has 2.9K answers and 6.8M answer viewsUpdated 2y

How many watts can an American wall socket handle (I know most circuit breakers are limited to 1800 watts, but let’s say that’s not a consideration)?

The typical American wall outlet (properly called a receptacle) can handle a maximum of 15 Amps, or 15 amps * 120 Volts = 1800 watts. There are also 20 Amp outlets (which can accept the 15 Amp maximum plugs as well), allowing 2400 watts that uses a rotated neutral blade (left side of photo) on the 20 amp plugs

However, the National Electric Code (NEC) says that no more than 80% of that should be used if continuous power is used, eg, and iron, toaster oven, hair blower, or electric vehicle.

That means any single device or a combination of devices plugged into any and all of the outlets (or hardwired devices) wired to the same circuit breaker, should never require over 1440 watts (or 12 amps) for a 15 amp outlet, and 1920 watts (or 16 Amps) for a 20 amp outlet.

If a 15 amp plug, or a 15 amp outlet is used on a 20 amp circuit breaker, you should never exceed the plug, outlet or circuit breaker limitation, whichever is smallest.

As to actual power you can run though a socket, the value is probably much more than that, and is limited by the wire thicknesses and lengths attached to the plug or socket, but that is not legal usage. There are a whole lot of different outlets and sockets made to handle larger currents. See this more more details NEMA connector - Wikipedia.

How many watts can an American wall socket handle (I know most circuit breakers are limited to 1800 watts, but let’s say that’s not a consideration)? - Quora

@Bob70533457973917 The password to adjust the input current is 88888888 (eight eights). Set the current to be less than the maximum current that can be supplied by the circuitry connected to the machine, including sockets, wires, and circuit breakers.
The input current changes, the power will also change accordingly.

If you need to tune more than 12A, you will need to purchase an additional charging cable.
However, this 20A cable is unavailable on the official website and you can contact our support team for more assistance.

Thank you everyone for all the clarification.
@BLUETTI, & @BLUETTI_CARE , I do think that the marketing material and tech specs on the official website as well as the User Manual should be changed to reflect the reality of this device. Rather than simply stating in the specs “INPUT, AC Input: 2400W Max,” it should have an asterisk, at least, that leads the reader to understand that the unit is set not at 20, not at 15, but at 12A max AC input and what recharging rates can be expected at that Current. So the same info should be updated in the RECHARGE TIME section. This way, one could understand, before making a purchase, that 1.5 hours on AC is practically impossible without special adjustments and additional cabling, and even then only from output sources capable of safely handling that load.
What accessory cords are available, but not on the official website, that I could look into?
Thank you all again for helping me understand.