AC180 issue with Dometic CFX3 25

Hi-

I have an AC180 that I am trying to use to power a Dometic CFX3 25 cooler. They are connected via the DC Output of the AC180. When connected, the CFX3 will power on, but it can never successfully spin up the compressor. I will occasionally see the power output on the AC180 go up from 1-2 watts to the 40-50 range and then right back to 1-2 without starting the compressor. I would think it is an issue with the CFX3, but it is a new unit and works successfully with the same connection (12V output - using the same cable), when connected to a Jackery 500, EcoFlow River 2 Pro and EcoFlow Delta 2, all of which have the same max DC output rating (12V@10A).

I’ve done tests with the AC180 fully charged and at approximately 80% charge. The CFX3 is the only thing connected to the AC180.

The AC180 can successfully run other lower draw devices (10-30W) via the DC output.

The specifics on the AC180 (all available updates via the app have been applied):
ARM v2073.04
DSP v2077.06
BMS v1033.12

Has anyone else seen a similar behavior or have any ideas?

Thanks

1 Like

I have the same problem with my AC180 and Dometic CFX in the 12v port. The compressor only thumps, but never fully spins. I have also had the Dometic act the same while plugged in the 12v port in my vehicle, that has two AGM batteries, after extended engine off time. This leads me to think is the Dometic sensing low voltage on the input that cancels the compressor start.