12v DC devices/accessories

I don’t label the cables directly. But I do have a dedicated zipper pouch for each different power station. I have 3 (soon to be 4 ) power stations (300Wh, 700Wh, 2000Wh, 4000Wh). Having different sizes gives me more options for specific use cases and provides lots of redundancy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Direct current devices are more efficient, smaller, and lighter with higher voltages. For the same power a higher voltage reduces current which uses smaller wires, saving copper and insulation weight. If these DC devices used 48 volts, that needs one quarter of the current, allowing much lighter wire and materials since P = V × I, so I = P / V.

Another great example is the A/C compressior in my Ford Fusion Hybrid. It runs on the 450 VDC of the HV traction battery so it is much smaller and lighter than a normal 12 VDC compressor in a normal car. My compressor contains its own electric motor and does not use a belt or pulley with a gas engine. So it operates even more efficiently than a home A/C compressor for the same amount of BTUs.

Future portable appliances will run on higher DC voltages and we will see new power stations that can supply those voltages.

1 Like

Looks like i messed up on the cig adapter I bought. It is a 24v 8A cig socket w/ AC brick. I’m sure I wanted the 12v 10A cig adapter. Anyway I didnt catch the error until recently. I’ll link the one I ordered below. Is this adapter of any use with the Bluetti power stations (ac200p, eb3a, eb55, B230 or eb70s)? How would you use this adapter if you had it? I’m concerned about the 8A, cant believe I messed up this order so bad, I think most of my devices need 10A.
Its too late to return so welcome ideas on how best this could be used w/ my Bluetti stations given its 24v 8A. TIA @m.briney @Scott-Benson

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092ZL6M3C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That will provide 24v output so I would imagine you should still be able to use it with your “more standard” 12v cig port charging cables. I would just monitor it and make sure it doesnt get to hot. I dont think it will tho. You’d just plug it into the wall, and then plug your units car charging cig plug cables into it. You might get 175-192w out of it charging this way, as compared to getting under 100w with the “standard” cig plug car charging cable. @roxie60

1 Like