12V / 25A aviation plug to XT60 (output) is stuck

Hello I plugged in my "12V / 25A aviation plug to XT60 (output)
" and now it is stuck. Is there a way to unplug this adapter?

Pull back on the outer ring and it will unlock the fitting. Push straight on until a click is heard is the correct install method and pulling straight back on the outer collar on the aviation fitting will release the lock and allow removal

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

I did hear a click when I inserted the plug. I have pulled back on the outer ring but it does not budge. I am a strong man so I think I am pulling with ample power and I do not want to damage the output port.

I will have to test the power output to be sure the plug is functioning. If so, it should not be a problem having the plug inserted all of the time.

The plug appears to be screwed into the base. Is it possible to take the base off of the plug and observe the locking mechanism?

Thanks again for your help with this issue.

Cheers,
Doug

Just the outer ring gets pulled back. Doing this will release the entire plug. You will hear a click when the plug is first inserted and this indicates it is locked into position. The outer black ring that is closest to the body of the AC200 is the ring that gets pulled straight back to unlock the plug. Unscrewing the plug body will only allow you to see the wiring connections. Try pushing the main body of the plug towards the AC200 while pulling the outer release sleeve backwards at the same time.

Hi Scott,

That worked! Thank you so much for your help Scott.

Cheers,
Doug

1 Like

Good to hear. It is a well designed locking plug once you see how it works a couple of times. The input connector for charging works the same way.

1 Like