Why is AC300 stil charging from grid on PV Priority Mode when is above 30% setting?

Hello, my AC300 is on PV priority sharing mode set for 30%.
Current levels see photo is already above it at 36%, yet it’s still charging from the grid.

What should I do to ensure that no grid-charging is taking place unless % falls below 30%.

Thanks for any pointers,
Frank

If it’s like my AC500 it will charge to about 10% above the set point and then stop charging until it gets back down to that point. I guess it’s so the charger isn’t going on and off constantly at the set point.

1 Like

Thanks, Eric, that makes sense. I’ll set it down to 25% to see what happens.

Hi @flux21c, For this issue, we recommend updating the firmware to the latest version and then recalibrating the battery.
Please follow the steps below:

1. Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station till it is out of power and turns off automatically);
  2. Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.
  3. Once the power is 100% fully charged, turn off the machine, and leave it the whole day.

Please let us know if it does help.
Once you’ve confirmed that the SOC value is accurate, please try again. If you still need assistance, please provide us with the SN code of your AC300 and the current firmware version so we can check if there is any new firmware that can resolve the issue.
Thank you, @eric102, for the suggestion, it was very helpful.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have done the above now and it seems fine. My problem is now that with PV Priority Charing mode, my panels produce som much power that the 80% charged is always reached quickly. What I would really like to do is keep the batteries at a charge between 30-80% for the longest battery lifespan. What I am now doing in order to stay near 80% is to manually switch off the “DC1 Input Source from PV” to “Others” - BUT there is still 370W coming in. Question: 1) What can I do to set PV Priority charge setting to 30% up to 80% max. Is there a better way for me to do it? thanks for any pointeres, Frank

Hi @flux21c, Thank you for letting us know it works fine.
In our view, it is unnecessary to keep the battery constant between 30-80%. Our machines are equipped with overcharge protection, and maintaining the battery at 100% will not cause damage.

Currently, we cannot set a maximum SOC value for solar charging. However, if you still prefer this, we recommend connecting a load to the AC300 to prevent it from fully charging. You could use a smart timer outlet to set a discharge time. Of course, we believe this is not necessary.

If you need our help, please remember to @BLUETTI_CARE, otherwise, I may not find your reply on time.