When plugged into grid, AC300 clicks about every minute and goes to 0W grid input, then clicks again within 2 seconds and goes to regular grid input.

I bought my AC300 two days ago (from Hornbach in Czechia, EU) and now running it in the custom UPS mode (60 low - 90 high, no times set).

Grid input shows as 50Hz, input voltage as 244V.
AC output shows 244V, 50Hz, ~ 200W. State: Bypass output - D.
Battery status now shows as 98% - Standby.

Normally, Grid watt input is about AC output + ~5W. My current regular AC output is ~200-300W (home office).
Tried both silent mode or no silent mode.

What happens to me is that about every minute, AC300 clicks loudly and switches to 0 watt Grid input, then within 2 seconds it clicks again and goes back to AC output + ~5W. AC output seems to be not affected by this grid wattage switch - AC output runs continuously.

What bothers me is that loud click and not understanding why it needs to switch relay to go to 0 only to click again in 1-2 seconds and go back to regular grid input.

If I use the Standard UPS mode, the situation gets worse:
Instead of clicking and going to 0 grid input every minute - it oscillates the charge state between 100% and 99% every minute and on reaching 99% - it clicks and goes charging up to 2kW for a short period of time (several seconds) then clicks and stops charging, returning to AC output + ~5W. And it does it every 30 seconds - 1 minute.

I have all the latest firmware updates for all components. Eco mode if off.

This can’t be the intended way of how it should work?

My Serial number is AC3002250000078868
Communication board SN: IoT2243007373202

I tried switching AC output off/on and restart. Tried switching between UPS modes. None of that helped.

Is here anything else I can try while creating a ticket for Bluetti and waiting for their response? If I get any information from them, I’ll be sharing here.

Thank you!

Hi @staninprague , Based on your description, we preliminarily infer that unstable grid voltage may be causing the inability to AC charge.
Could you please provide the current DSP version of your AC300? We will check if there is an updated firmware available. Additionally, please try enabling the grid self-adaption mode in the advanced settings of the app to see if this resolves the issue.

Dear @BLUETTI_CARE, Thank you for the response!

This noon AC output wattage stopped to be shown and started to show only 0, even with AC output not being 0W. This is why I decided to take the unit back to Hornbach and we decided there to exchange it for the new one. From the older batch (it seems by SN).

I updated firmware in the app to:

IOT: v9041.06
ARM: v4037.05
DSP: v4036.07
BMS: v1021.07

After firmware update this new AC300 unit started to click in the same way as the old one (also was updated to the same DSP version). I changed 230V outlet to one in the kitchen (bigger fuse), but there is still a problem with Grid clicking, quite often actually. AC output is off right now.

So it looks like that update to DSP: v4036.07 made it quite worse, I didn’t record what was the DSP version before the update. I don’t think there was any clicking for the 5 minutes that it was on the older version of DSP.

Please let me know the password for the Advanced Settings. It says Bluetti support should provide one.

For the moment I switched the Grid off and not having any AC output. Please let me know if there is newer DSP version that I can test.

Our flat is part of 24-flats building, old only 12 years, no one was having issues with wires and power distribution here for all these years. All other devices run just ok from the 230V outlets.

Please let me know and I’ll my best to test for you as it looks like that DSP: v4036.07 can be quite bad version for the Czechia. Whatever I learn I’ll pass to guys at Hornbach so they have less returns.

My new serial number:
AC3002250000064690
Communication board ID:
IoT2243006882930

Please let me know, it is not good if firmware update makes all that. If you can push the older version to me, I can verify that it really doesn’t click within long time on the older version. At least guys at Hornbach can start telling customers to avoid firmware updates until we know more.

You can call me if needed.

P.S. I also learnt that Hornbach stopped working with EcoFlow (at least in Czechia) because they had the whole Ecoflow batch with bad firmware. Let’s do better :slight_smile: ?

Hi @staninprague, I have reported this issue to our engineers, and they do not believe that reverting to an older DSP version will be helpful, newer firmware versions are generally better.
We have pushed the new DSP v4036.30 and ARM v4037.07 firmware for you. This firmware is highly effective for addressing this issue. Could you please try upgrading to see if it resolves the problem?
After upgrading the firmware, you can enable the Grid Self-Adaption mode in the app. Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Regarding the advanced settings password, we want to confirm if you need to increase the input current. Based on your previous question, we don’t think it’s necessary. If you are sure you need it, we can provide it, but please be aware that high currents might affect your appliances, so safety precautions are important.

Hello, what is the Grid Self-Adaption mode in the app? I can’t find it. I have an AC500. And why is 1A always displayed even though I entered 10A?
!

Hi @Akel , Only by upgrading the DSP and ARM of the AC500 can the app’s Grid Self-Adaption be added. If needed, please provide your SN number, current DSP/ARM version, and which country version of the AC500 you have, so we can push the upgrade for you. After upgrading the firmware, you’ll also need to update the latest app, where you can then enable this feature.

Please note that this feature helps improve AC charging performance during grid instability, but it may extend the UPS’s 20ms switching time. Our new app does indeed have an issue with syncing input current, which will always display as 1A, but this will be resolved with the firmware upgrade.

Grid

Hi @BLUETTI_CARE, thank you so much for looking into this! I updated DSP + ARM to versions you pushed yesterday.
Was testing yesterday if simply update of DSP and ARM would solve the problem and it didn’t. Grid disconnection and click patterns were the same. This was a day of testing with different UPS modes and Max Grid input currents in the AC300 settings.

Half an hour ago I switched “Grid Self-adaption” ON and for half an hour I have no Grid disconnection and no clicks. I’d give it a day of testing with different modes and settings again, but it is looking very promising!

I’ll report again in 24 hours.

1 Like

Hi @BLUETTI_CARE. Not a single click and Grid disconnection since switching “Grid Self-adaption” ON.
My AC300 has just become an awesome device, thank you!
Just to recap:
AC300+1xB300 was clicking with relay and disconnecting from Grid every minute or so. Bought in Hornbach, Czechia (Cerny Most) and used in Prague in a house where there were no issues with other devices connected to a Grid.
Firmware update was provided by Bluetti (DSP v4036.30 and ARM v4037.07). Installing new firmware and switching Advanced Settings > Grid Self-Adaption > ON - Solved the issue for good.
Thank you!

1 Like