What is the best mountable solar panel(s) to charge the AC180?

I have a shed on a south facing hill where I want to mount a solar panel(s) nearby to charge my Bluetti AC180. I know the voltage limits are strict and I don’t want to damage my bluetti. Looking to get to the fastest charge, most watts, etc. without hitting the voltage limit. Are there any solar panels that match this criteria?

1 Like

@twopnqustion First, here’s a simple guide; 1 x nominal 12V solar panel has a VoC of approx 24V & 1 x nominal 24V panel around 46-48V. Therefore, 2 x 12V panels in series have a Voc of approx 48V. These are your limits re voltage as 3 x 12V or 2 x 24V panels will exceed the AC180 voltage limit.
Next is Amps - The AC180 has a limit of 10A and a rough guide of solar output is 5A per 100W of solar. Relative to the above panels; 2 x 12V in series @ 200W per panel will output 400W max at 10A. 1 x 24V panel @ 200W wil also output around 10A.
The AC180 controller will limit to 10 amps and if exceeded by a small amount, will absorb without damage. The thing to consider is just because the controller will accept 500W max, in the real world V & A also play a factor in the calculation, Volts being the critical thing to NOT exceed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the Bluetti AC180, consider using the Bluetti PV200 or PV350 solar panels. They are designed to work within the AC180’s voltage limits and provide optimal charging efficiency without risking damage.

1 Like

Hi @twopnqustion dependent on the size of your shed roof I’m in the uk I use a longi 505w fixed panel which gets me in full sun over 400w. You can go over amps but never volts also bare in Mind if the panel produces less than 30v the AC180 will be limited to 8amps which will lower your watts impute.

1 Like