Verify panels with VOC of 37 will work for AC300 + (3)B300s?

The base specs for each panel:
500w
voc:37
ISC:13.78

I’m stupid-new to solar and intend to get a few of these, to max out what I believe is [EDIT] 2,400? watt input. Voltage still confuses me though…
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @TangoCharlie

The important part is the voc of each panel and how you connect them. In series, the voltage rises, in parallel the current rises.

The AC300 can take up to 150V per MPPT input. So theoreticly you can have 4 of them in series per MPPT Input.

Does this help you?

greetings
Erik

2 Likes

Thanks to @Selfmadestrom for the input.
@TangoCharlie I’ll add that the maximum input power to the PV for a single AC300 is 1200W.

2 Likes

Adding my 2 cents. Hooking up 2 sets of 4 panels to your AC300’s inputs is maxing it out. Sure, you could think about adding more panels in parallel, but honestly, that’s more about squeezing a bit extra when the sun isn’t playing nice.

First thing is getting those 8 panels right. Even a tiny bit of shade on one panel can drag down your whole setup. The more panels, the higher the risk. You might think doubling up the panels will boost your output, but if they’re not placed right and catching shade, you’re not getting anywhere fast.

Now, let’s talk direction and angle. It’s crucial. Depending on where you’re at, that sweet spot changes. Got a fixed setup, or can you adjust the angle throughout the year? Aim for your latitude plus 15° in the winter months, and knock it down by 15° in summer for the best output.

For those in Europe, pointing panels due south with a 45° tilt is pretty much a no-brainer. It’s all about getting the most out of what you’ve got. Shadows and proper angle/pitch, again, are more important that raw panel surface.

The literature says 2,400watt Max Solar input?

(Either way, I was wrong initially. Definitely not 3,000. That was the AC input.)

This does help, thank you. Would having two sets of 2 parallel panels, grouped and connected in series help if one was faulty or shaded?

No trees nearby, thankfully! And I believe I’ll set them on hinged frames so that I may adjust them manually. (Not ideal, but I’ve got AutoCad and a sun angle chart.) :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Cool, show us the process or result, we always love to see good DIY solutions!

Shade on 1 panel affects the whole string in series.
Uneven output between paralleled string can be an issue (even though diodes should mitigate this).

1 Like