USE EP500 as a part of a BALCONY system

I would like to know if you can use a BLUETTI ep500 as part of a balcony system connected to the grid through a Microinverter?

Hi @ioannis

welcome to the forum and thanks for your question!

If you have the europe version of the EP500, there is no “plug and play” solution for that. The A80 Microinverter needs at least aroudn 20V to start MPPT charging. I do have 2x EP500 Pros and they dont offer any DC Output that is higher than 12V.

What you could to, im doing this myself sometimes, is to integrate the EP500 as an “expansion” to the B210 and D100S by connecting the cigarette Port from the EP500 to the MC4 input of the B210.

That way the system uses energy from B210 and will be recharged by the EP500.

Down side is, you need the full system and the 12V cigarette Port only can offer around 120W - 130W. Its also not recommended to leave it pluged for a long time. This connector gets quite hot when running at full load.

Hope i can help you with this answer

Erik

1 Like

Thank you very much for your fast reply, My question is how you charge the ep500 in your solution? do you need an extra solar panel array connected to ep500 or it is charged through the solar panel array that is connected to the D100S?

AND is there a way to connect the ep500 to a voltage booster and then to D100S? i also have the 12v 30amps output portal could you use that? is it safer than the cigarette port?

Or use the Bluetti DC Charger Enhancer D050S somehow, to increase the 12v out to up to 16-58,8 v ?
THANKS

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @ioannis

The EP500 charges through an extra PV array in my case.

If you buy a charging booster which raise the 12V to atleast 20V this can work without a D100S or B210. At least on paper.

You can connect your PV array to EP500 the 12V 30A Aviation Port to a DC Booster that boost it to 20V+ and connect that string to the MC4 input of the A80, it can work, without giving any garanties.

Again, there are limitations. You cant limit the output of the A80. So what ever the port is putting out, will be redirect to A80 and in you main circuit (800W Limit).

Im not a electrian, all just a hobby. Just thinking, it could work like this. If its advisable is a different story.

I would run this system as close as possible to the intended purpose to be safe.

greetings
Erik