Use Bluetti B300 as a power source for Bluetti EP500

Hello,

Is it possible to connect Bluetti B300 expansion battery to Bluetti EB500 through the next setup:
B300 → P090D to MC4 → PV Charging Cable (that was in the box) → Aviation port → EP500.

I do not see any issues in this setup.
Are there any pitfalls?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

@ap-joke
The EP500 does not support the connection of the B230/B300 as an extended battery.

Just to clarify, I did not find this in the manuals.
Is it restricted by the software/hardware? I mean EP500 needs some “handshake” to start charging, does not?
Because it looks like that I should be able to charge it using DC input from the passive battery. Or there is an active and hidden communication?

@ap-joke
The DC input voltage of the EP500 is too high to connect to the battery pack (the battery pack is rated at 51.2V, the EP500 input voltage range is 53V)

I understand Bluetti Admin’s response as follows:
-the solar input of the EP500 does not have a DC booster to raise the voltage above 53V (the voltage of the EP500 cells) to be able to recharge them (unlike other models such as AC200max, AC180, etc… . which can take 12V input). Moreover, in the technical specifications of the EP500 it is said that the voltage of the solar input must be between 55V and 145V… the minimum is therefore 55V
-But as the B300 gives a voltage of around 51.2V, in any case lower than the minimum required for the solar input of the EP500 (55V) it cannot work.

you need a DC booster for it to work… (to get a voltage above 55V).If you have a few extra dollars you can look at the D050S (->58V).
As you don’t have a DC7909 input on your EP500, you will need a DC7909 female to MC4 adapter for example for it to work, to allow you to plug it into PV Charging Cable / Aviation port