Solved - B300 BMS firmware upgrade to 1014.16 fails with "Download Failed" message

I have AC300 and 2 B300 batteries. Both batteries with firmware 1014.10. Today I checked the firmware update page in an Android app and got a prompt to update BMS firmware to 1014.16. However, when I try to update, a spinning wheel shows up for a couple of seconds and then “Download Failed” message is shown. Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Other info:
IOT: v9014.09
ARM: v4032.09
DSP: v4031.16

I am experiencing the same issue with not being able to upgrade the several firmware updates on my AC500 & B300s battery. I am using an android phone and log into the AC500 via “bluetooth” mode and go to firmware updates and I noticed several. Every one I click-on to update, it spins, then says “Download Failed”. I’ve been trying on 2 different wifi networks and locations around the home over the last several days.

1 Like

@premudriy Do you live in the United States? The firmware upgrade window is being adjusted recently, please wait patiently for a few days.

2 Likes

Hi @toddsworld @premudriy ,

on Android Phones you can try to clear the App cache and then retry to install the required firmware updates. That fixed the issues for some persons here.

greetings
Erik

2 Likes

I do live in the US. Thank you for your reply. I will wait a week and try again.

Update: I was able to successfully update the BMS firmware for both of my B300 batteries. One note is that I had to click “Check for Update” 2 or 3 times until the actual update process prompt showed up. Also, heads up, only a single battery needs to be plugged in at a time for BMS update to work.

@BLUETTI_CARE are there any notes on what this BMS update improves? Maybe charging at smaller current or batteries staying in sync better?

Hi @premudriy

Bluetti dont provide any Changelogs for their updates.

1 Like

Yea I really wish Bluetti would start including these update logs. Would just help with diagnosing issues and to know exactly what fixes and/or caveats the updates are going to have on the device. Maybe this is something they can look into for the future?

They already beeing informed about it. But until now there is no official statement right now to release such logs.

1 Like

@premudriy This firmware can fix some miscalculations that can cause the battery to flicker:

1. When the SOC is not 100% when charging, the host will report 004 high battery voltage and 098 BMS overvoltage; when discharging the SOC is not 0%, it will not be discharged.
  2. SOC jump
  3. AC charging power will fluctuate greatly
  4. The B300 on/off key flashes, but you can still connect to the APP to upgrade.
1 Like

Thank you very much for the info!

I tried to update my BMS firmware halfway through the download it stopped the B300 on off key switch just sat there blinking, nothing worked after that, I contacted Bluetti about my bricked units, they said oh you didn’t buy them from us, you will have to go back to the reseller to get it repaired. I said the problem was nothing to do with the reseller it is Bluetti that issued the update not the reseller, after a lot of email’s they finally saw sense and have agreed to take both of the B300’s back and give me two swop outs as where I live there is no repair facility. Much Happiness.