Solar panel install after couple of weeks

The solar panel has been installed for a couple of weeks now been testing it on the AC180. The watts that the panel is producing are perfect for the AC180 would highly recommend it

Single Longi 505w panel
Producing 400w @ 10a when the suns out really happy with that

What are we all using to charge out Bluetti sand how are they performing.
:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks for the follow-up. I have 3 (Poly Crystaline) 200W panels and Don’t get very good performance from them. They are folding portables and I find the kick stands to be cumbersome and not really that beneficial. I seem to get the same performance from them by just laying them in my yard. They are temporary and I only set them up occasionally. My station is purely backup in case of long term power outages so I don’t need to have it up and running on a daily basis. I’m very happy to have it and glad I made the investment; better panels aren’t in the budget right now but what I have will get me through. Wife and I are looking to move soon and I will set up something more permanent when we get a new home.

2 Likes

Great! Considering the extra space next to it, wouldn’t a 2nd panel nicely boost the output?
Parallel, I take it, given it’s AC180 and you’re using rooftop panels there.

1 Like

Can’t say for sure, but your angle doesn’t seem optimal. I did some testing regarding elevation and angle, it matters a lot. Looks like some lovely sun there, based on your latitude, add 15° to elevation in winter, remove 15° in summer. I’m lat50° (Belgium) and the 45° of rooftops seems a good compromise for year-round production.
Then regarding orientation, anywhere between S-SE and S-SW should give you the best results.

1 Like

It would be nice to get another panel there. only one major problem with that idea !!! It’s called the wife it was hard enough getting one there 2nd one would be a no no.

1 Like

Can’t help but think finding this quote an hour ago was more than timely :sweat_smile:

1 Like