Sleep mode vs Off and PV charging (AC180)

Recently got a AC180 and noticed that there must be some kind of sleep mode vs. a hard Off mode. Under some conditions when the unit appears off, if you apply voltage to the DC input the unit will come alive and start charging. At other times when the unit is off you can apply voltage to the DC input and the unit does not wake up. In both cases the AC & DC outputs are off as well as no green LED on the on/off button. Can someone explain this?

I would like to reliably allow the unit to wake up and start charging as soon as the solar panels can provide sufficient voltage but with the unit off and not using any stored power. Thanks.

@JimF You are referring to the AC180 not having a way to automatically activate charging, right?
May I ask what your charging way is?

Please also provide the SN and software version of the AC180 by the way, so that our team @BLUETTI_CARE can locate the problem and assist you.

I’m not sure why you said, “You are referring to the AC180 not having a way to automatically activate charging, right?” Is there a problem I don’t know about?

I think that I was mistaken. The AC180 seems to always wake up when it sees a charging voltage. It seems, the only time that it does not is if you manually turn the unit off while it is charging. Then the charging voltage has to be removed and reapplied for it to wake up and go back to charge mode. Am I mistaken or is this all correct?

Ser# 2404000305859
ARM V 2107.02
DSP V 2102.02
BMS V 1052.02

@JimF The phenomenon mentioned above is normal, so there is no need to update the firmware.

1 Like

I believe the reason they asked you that was because with the original firmware, the units threshold for automatically sensing PV for charging wasnt set for automatic detection. They have since rolled out proper firmware updates which, from your versions, seem to all be updated. So no need to worry man. You should be good to go. :metal: