Recalibrating EB3A

Hi, my EB3A suddenly jumps down from 16% to 0 and turns off all the AC and DC sockets. It has been like this since new (Jan 2024). I have followed advice to run it down with a constant wattage appliance then charge back to 100% on AC numerous times. The issue remains.

A Bluetti group admin said I should run it down again, but until the screen turns off as well. Being 16% out of whack this means about 43 watts are left. There is no way to keep the screen on so this means repeatedly pressing the button. It has been getting on for a week now and the screen still comes on.

I am slightly worried that when the screen stops working the EB3A will become a ‘brick’? But if the advice to do this is right I would like to know how much energy the screen uses so I can work out how long this might take. I really like and regularly use my EB3A and it is inconvenient having it out of action for such a long time.

It was updated before this latest attempt at recalibration. I can’t get any info from the app whilst waiting for the screen to stop working due to no more bluetooth connection unless I charge the EB3A up and start again which will presumably add another week to this process.

Any advice appreciated, thank you

Why don’t you put a load on it until it is empty (a short amount of time). When empty, immediately begin charging again.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have done this at least 4 times. The only improvement is it now jumps to 0% and shuts off at 16 % instead of 18 %. The issue is I cannot drain it to be truly at 0% before then recharging it as there is always this 16% left even though the EB3A shows 0%.

I am confused. When you drain it and it shuts off it is at 0%. You state that there is always 16% left even though the EB3a shows 0%. How do you know there is 16% left when the unit is showing 0%? Both things cannot be occurring.

because it suddenly jumps down from 16% to 0, because when powering items it does not power them as long as expected because it consistently acts as though there are no other numbers between 16 and zero, because this is what I was advised previously in the Bluetti UK group, because I was under the impression this sort of behaviour of LifePo4 batteries is the reason they need recalibration.

What I want to know is how do I get this EB3A to charge and discharge fully and function as it should. Discharging it until it goes instantly from 16% to o and shuts off, then recharging to 100% has not solved this issue despite repeated tries since January.

Have you attempted to contact Bluetti Customer service to assist with the issue or an exchange?

Not yet. I was hoping I might get some advice on the forum that would save me all that hassle

@Tezzabee Please provide me with the SN of the EB3A and the firmware version then I can check if there is firmware suitable for your case.

1 Like

Hi Bluetti_care,
SN 2311000670117
ARM v2063.03
DSP v2052.11
Thank you :)

@Tezzabee I’m sorry that the firmware is the latest one. When you do the full cycle of charge and discharge, please ignore the SOC. Please completely drain the battery until it automatically shuts down, and then charge it with AC until it is fully charged and automatically shuts down. If this doesn’t work, the EB3A needs to be repaired.

1 Like

Hi Bluetti_care.
I have done this again. I fully charged it from AC, left it a day or so then fully discharged it at a constant 400ish watts. I watched it count down on the app and for the first time it counted down from 16% without jumping to 0. It got all the way to 2% at a steady rate, briefly flashed on 1% then shut down.

Is this likely solved now, or should I repeat the process until it does not jump at all, even from 1 to 0?

Thank you :)

1 Like

@Tezzabee I think this issue has been resolved.

1 Like