🚗 Ready to rev up your engines with the Charger 1 Knowledge Test!

Put your knowledge to the test and stand a chance to win a fast-charging solution for your beloved vehicle. The Charger 1 test is your opportunity to show your expertise and score big with a cutting-edge Alternator Charger.

:battery:Answer the questions below about Charger 1 at comment as a valid entry.

:trophy: Prize:
:1st_place_medal:1st Prize: BLUETTI Charger 1 ×2
:2nd_place_medal:2nd Prize: Tableware Set ×3
:3rd_place_medal:3rd Prize: 2000 BLUETTI Bucks ×4
Answers and winners will be announced on Oct 8th.

Warmly, answers submitted cannot be modified and most answers can be found in the later Charger 1 posts!
BLUETTI reserves the right to the final interpretation.

Time to upgrade your road trip experience. Join the Charger 1 Knowledge Test and get ready to the fast-charging future on the road! :racing_car::zap:
:stopwatch: The campaign runs until Oct 1st. Let’s brainstorm and take the test!

4 Likes

Part 1
Q. 1 : Incorrect. Charger 1 can charge directly power stations only. It’s a DC-DC charger. Expansion batteries have to be connected to power stations to be charged.
Q. 2 : Correct
Q. 3 : Incorrect. Charger 1 is compatible with all transportation vehicles (including boats) with starter battery which nominal voltage is 12V or 24V.
Part 2
2048Wh × DoD (100%) × η (90%) ÷ load power (560) = charging time (estimated)
2048 x 1 x 0,9 ÷ 560 = 3,29 or 3 hours 17 minutes
Part 3
Yes I have ever needed to charge my EB3A during road trips. I find very easy to plug it to the cigarette lighter. But the charging power is very limited. With the Charge1, it would be rather different as I could consider charging also my AC180 and F045D Multicooler.

4 Likes

My responses:

Part 1

1. False, because the B300K does not have a DC input option.
  2. True
  3. False – as long as the boat or yacht would have a 12 volt or 24 volt starting battery and compatible starting system the Charger 1 would be compatible.

Part 2

Answer: The AC200L has a capacity of 2,048 Wh, so at 560 watts it would take approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes (or 3.6 hours) to charge, not taking into account efficiencies, etc.

Part 3

Answer: There are cases where I’d have to make do with cigarette port charging for a power station, and then hope it would last over night until I could use solar panels the next day, or struggle with another travel day of slow charging. If I had a system to charge my power station more quickly during the trip then it wouldn’t be so stressful as to whether or not I had enough charge to run the cooler over night, or to make a coffee and some dinner or breakfast.

4 Likes

@Mark83 @hnymann Thanks for entering!
Your answer has been recorded, good luck! :beers: :beers:

2 Likes

Part 1:

Q1: Charger can charge power stations and B300S and B300K batteries.

• Thats wrong. The Introduction video only show compatible powerstations, no expandable batteries. B300S might be able to charge through the MPPT Output inofficial but B300K dont have such a input.

Q2: Charger 1 has wide compatibility; in addition to charging Bluetti power stations, its also compatible with third-party brands

• True. The Introduction video shows that at 1:09. 95% of third party power stations are compatible. Also in the introductions post “Works with full-line BLUETTI power stations and 95% of brands on the market.”

Q3: Charger is intended for use on cars, trucks, RVs, and trailers, but does not support installation in boats and yachts.

• Thats a tough one. Generally, this product is to install in cars, trucks, RVs and trailers in the first place. No mentioning of boats. Boats use the same 12V or 24V Batttery like cars, so from that standpoint, it should be possible. But whats really difficult here is the fact that boats operate in water, so the product should have a suitable IP rating. D40 for example has only IP20 which isnt protected against water at all. Assuming the same rating, its not suitable for boats and yachts.

Part 2:

Q1: With a 560W charging power, how long can charger 1 take to fully charge the AC200L from 0% to 100%?

• Maybe thats a bit too much but i assume when the AC200L shows “0%” there is actually 10% left in the Battery, so i only need to charge 1843 Wh. I also assume that 560 watts is the energy that actually reaches the AC200L.

2048Wh (capacity AC200L) x 0,9 (90% to recharge because 10% remains) = 1843,2Wh (actual capacity to charge)

1843,2Wh (actual capacity to charge) / 560W (charging speed) = 3,29 hours or for hours and minutes it would be 0,29 x 60 = 17,4, so 3 hours and 17 minutes.

Part 3:

Q1: Have you ever particularly needed an alternator charger during your past road trips? What kind of charging covenience would you get with the charger 1?

• I do roadtrips, but im more a kind of person thats doing short city trips and not trips for days. So in the car, i didnt need a alternator for now. But the Charger 1 is really interesting because it turn 12V/24V into much higher voltages.

Instead to built it in a car, i would use the charger 1 to charge my devices with high power from the aviation plug (12V 30A). Most Bluetti power stations do have a 10A current limit, which let me charge the devices only with around 120W. With the Charger 1, i would be finally able to take full advantage of the port.

greetings
    Erik
4 Likes

@Selfmadestrom Thanks Erik for entering! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hello!
Part 1

1. No. The B300K can only be charged by connecting to the AC500 / AC300 / AC200L / AC200MAX.
  2. This is true and comes from the Bluetti promotional material / video
  3. This is false. As long as the boat / yacht has a starter battery with voltage between 12V or 24V, the Charger1 should work. I am concerned about the Charger1 operating in a “wet” environment.
    Part 2
    Per your website, the AC200L has a capacity of 2,048 Wh. If I am charging from 0% to 100%, I would need to charge the full 2,048Wh at a charge rate of 560 watts. This means it would take, approximately, 3.65 hours to charge to 100%.
    Part 3
    I do a “ton” of road trips that range from 3 hours to 13 hours each way. We are gone almost every weekend during the hockey season. My need for the Charger1 is that I have a refrigerator/freezer in the bed of my Jeep Gladiator. I would love to be able to run the refrigerator/freezer from the AC outlet in the back of the Gladiator but due to low wattage or not having a pure sine wave, my Bluetti PowerStation will not operate from that outlet. I want to use the Charger1 to run the PowerStation as an UPS for the refrigerator/freezer while driving and as soon the truck is off, battery power from the PowerStation will kick in. That would be a fantastic solution for my needs.
    Thank you!!
4 Likes

Part 1: Yes, the Charger 1 can charge all Bluetti power stations while on the road. It can also charge the B300S independently, as it has its own charging input port. However, it cannot charge the B300K on its own, as the B300K requires connection to another power station, such as the AC200L, AC300 or AC500, using the appropriate connection cable. Additionally, the Charger 1 is compatible with most (95%) third-party power stations. It is ideal for use in cars, vans, motorhomes, RVs, and trailers, but not recommended for boats or yachts due to its IP20 rating.

Part 2: With a power output of 560W, the Charger 1 is capable of fully charging the AC200L in approximately 3.65 hours. This is calculated by dividing the total battery capacity of the AC200L, which is 2048Wh, by the 560W charging power of the Charger 1 (2048Wh ÷ 560W = 3.65 hours). This means that under optimal conditions, the Charger 1 can efficiently replenish the AC200L’s battery in just under four hours, making it a fast and reliable charging option when you’re on the go.

Part 3: The Charger 1 would have been incredibly useful during a long road trip through remote areas where access to traditional power sources is limited. Relying solely on portable solar panels may not be enough, especially when sunlight is scarce due to cloudy or rainy conditions. While solar panels work well when stationary, unpredictable weather can often prevent them from fully recharging the power station. Being able to tap into the vehicle’s alternator for consistent power while driving would provide a significant advantage, ensuring that the power station remains charged and ready, regardless of weather conditions or location.

3 Likes

@matthewpetrich @Catisfaction
Thanks for entering and good luck! :raised_hands:

Part 1

1. Yes it can charge up the power stations as long as it meets the voltage requirements.
    a) Yes it can charge the B300s because it can be charged independently.
    b) No it will not charge the B300k because it doesn’t have a DC port and it can’t be charged independently it has to be connected to a power station.

2. Yes it can charge 3rd party power stations just as long they me the voltage requirements and have a solar connector.

3. I really have no clue on this question so I’m going to say yes to the boat since it is a motor vehicle.

Part 2
2048Wh /560w= 3.65hours I guess.

Part 3
Yes…my daughter and I take long road-trips and it would have came in handy on one of our trips… I was traveling with the AC60 and I forgot to charge it fully but having the Charger 1 It would have been fully charged

Side note: these are my final answers…

3 Likes

@_Traveldiva2 Thanks for submitting the answers! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks I’m learning.

1 Like

part 1 (1) the b300k has no built in mppt controler and woul;d need to be charged through another unit like the AC300,AC500,AC200MAX or thr AC200L… (2) The ability to ajust the voltage from the bluetti app from 15v to 56v from the 12v battery or 27v to 56v from a 24v battery will make it compatable with all bluetti units and also from other companys (3) bluetti charger 1 is ip20 rated so is suited to car,caravan,rv, and trucks but not designed to be used on boats or unrprotected outdoor spaces as ip20 is touch proof and resistent to objects and dust over 12mm in size no protection from any liquid or sprays … part 2 to fully charge the AC200l it would take 4.1hrs in perfect conditions… part (3) the bluetti charger 1 would be something that i really need as my van dosent have solar pannels fitted.i do have portable pannels but due to the british weather its a hit or miss if i get to use them and charging from the 12v only gives me 96w input while driving. having the ability to charge at 560w while driving would be so benificial i would be able to not only charge my bluetti units but would also be able to charge my daughters medical equipment using pass through charging power pack for wheelchair,eye guaze comunication device,milk feed pump,and fridge for medication all of which run on battery really would be a game changer…

3 Likes

@Ktt Thanks for your entry and good luck! :raised_hands:

1 Like

There are two days left until the end of the race! If you are still interested in the Charger 1, do no miss out to take advantage of this test! :star_struck: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Part 1

1. This FALSE because the B300K has no MPPT Controller and requires a compatible inverter like AC200L for example to provide it charging power.

2. This is TRUE. Charger 1 will feature adjustable voltage. Charger 1 is compatible with all BLUETTI power stations, as well as 95% of third-party power stations or solar generators that use MC4 connectors for solar charging.

3. This is TRUE. Charger 1 is rated IP20. A product with an IP20 rating tells you that it has ingress protection up to 12.5mm against solid bodies such as fingers or dust. However, this rating also signifies that the product is not waterproof, which lets you know that it won’t be suitable for outdoor applications such as installation in boats or yachts for example.

Part 2

The Charger 1 delivers up to 560W of power which is 6X faster than a traditional car charger. With the 2048Wh capacity of AC200L it would take the Charger 1 approximately 3 hours 40 minutes to fully charge.

2048(Wh capacity) / 560W(C1 Charge rate) = 3.657. To convert the decimal time to hours and minutes you multiply it by 60 therefore .66 x 60 = 39.6 minutes.

Part 3

I could have benefited from an alternator charger like Charger 1 this summer on vacation with my AC200L. I only have 400W of PV200 which is helpful to me only when stationary. During times when the sun wasn’t helpful I had to rely on a someone else’s generator to charge my unit. Had I owned the Charger 1 then charging could have occurred within the limits of my own hardware environment and in the Bluetti world of sustainable energy options having the capability to be completely self reliant is formidable consideration.

Part 1

1. False, because the B300K does not have a DC input option.
  2. True
  3. False – as long as the boat or yacht would have a 12 volt or 24 volt starting battery and compatible starting system the Charger 1 would be compatible.

Part 2

Answer: The AC200L has a capacity of 2,048 Wh, so at 560 watts it would take approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes (or 3.6 hours) to charge, not taking into account efficiencies, etc.

Part 3

Answer: There are cases where I’d have to make do with cigarette port charging for a power station, and it is too slow. If I had a system to charge my power station more quickly during the trip then it wouldn’t be so stressful as to whether or not I had enough charge to run appliances overnight, or to make breakfast.