Q&A Balcony System V2: Ask your questions!

Hello everyone!

The new second-generation balcony system will be released on 25 September.

I would like to collect a few questions from you in advance about this system. Please note that I may not be able to answer some of the questions until after the official release date.

But I will definitely make a note of these questions.

I am looking forward to your questions!

Erik

Thanks Eric!
Let’s get started!

1. Does the D100p handle several S1 smart plug at the same time? If so, how many?
    Does the System inject power equivalent to the sum of the power measured by the smart plug S1 sockets (within the limits of the balcony system maximum power, of course) ?

2. Is the S1 smart plug and the communication protocol a Bluetti proprietary solution?

3. Is it zigbee, bluetooth, wifi, powerline?

4. What is the maximum possible distance between the S1 smart plug and the d100p?

5. Can 2 balcony v2 systems (two d100p, with a different S1 smart plug for each balcony system) be installed on the same domestic grid ?
    And the same question for a balcony v1 + balcony v2 systems on the same home grid?

6. Is it possible to monitor the power consumed, measured by the smart plugs and the power injected in the home grid in real time?

7. Is it possible to program time periods for injection, and when not to inject?

8. Can we set a maximum injection power (below 800w) ?

9. Can I receive a notification when the battery is empty or the level is below a set threshold?

10. Can I stop injection when the battery is below a set threshold?

Thanks!

Hey @Snips1

Thank you for your questions!

Does the D100p handle several S1 smart plug at the same time? If so, how many?

• It can pair more than one S1 Plug, but i dont have any information about it whats the maximum of supported plugs, bounded to one system. As soon i have this informartion, i will add this here.

Does the System inject power equivalent to the sum of the power measured by the smart plug S1 sockets (within the limits of the balcony system maximum power, of course) ?

• The System have three different operation modes. Two of them work with a fixed value for power injection and one mode called “auto” will use the values from the S1 Plug(s) to see, how many power needs to be injected. For all three modes the energy gets stored in the connected Battery, when there is more PV energy that needed and get discharge from the battery, if PV cant deliever enough power.

What is the maximum possible distance between the S1 smart plug and the d100p?

• There isnt a actual limitation, as long both devices are in the same wifi network. Also works with Wifi extenders, if they share the same name and password as the wifi the D100P is connected to.

Can 2 balcony v2 systems (two d100p, with a different S1 smart plug for each balcony system) be installed on the same domestic grid ?
And the same question for a balcony v1 + balcony v2 systems on the same home grid?

• Interesting question. Normally, these systems arent designed to run as a single unit. The V1 System cant really limit the Output, so run more than one of these could lead to overload. V2 in combination with S1 Plug could be interesting, when both D100P connected to the same Wifi, there could be a problem with connect the S1 Plug to the right D100P. Also you need to make sure that System 1 and System 2 dont exceed to maximum allowed injection (In Germany 800W).

Is it possible to monitor the power consumed, measured by the smart plugs and the power injected in the home grid in real time?

• Since all of the values are synced to the bluetti cloud and back, its not real “realtime”. It takes sometime to raise the output of the A80P to match the values from the S1 Plug. So for devices that have a high surge power, the system may not cover it. But devices that run for a long time and constant load, it works great.

Is it possible to program time periods for injection, and when not to inject?

• You can configure a time schedule with a fixed value. Like: 10 - 15 (200W), 15 - 16 (220W), 16 - 23 (150W). The system manage the energy itself to match that goal wattage as long as possible.

Can we set a maximum injection power (below 800w) ?

• Yes, there is a “Pro Mode” where you can limit the maximum output for the A80P

Can I receive a notification when the battery is empty or the level is below a set threshold?

• There isnt such a feature implemented. But the system take care of the battery health really good. If that was your concern.

Can I stop injection when the battery is below a set threshold?
Yes, you can configure the SoC for the Battery. The minimum and the maximum too.

I hope i can answer all your questions, like you want. Feel free to ask, if there is anything unclear.

greetings
Erik

1 Like

Thanks Eric ! You know a lot about the bluetti balcony system ! :grinning:

I do test both versions. So im able to tell nearly anything about it. Your questions where pretty good!

Your answer to the question “Can 2 balcony system be installed on the same domestic grid?” sheds a lot of light on the objective of the injection, the technical and regulatory problems.

As you may know, I inject with 2 SUN GTIL2 with 2 current sensors on the electrical cable arriving at my home to do “zero injection” on the public grid, 500W with a B230 in powerbank mode and 700W and more with an Oukitel B2000. This makes it possible to reach 1200 W. As the feedback with the current sensor is local, the system is very reactive and prevents power from being injected outside my home electrical grid (around ten watts at most into the worst case). This allows you to save a lot more since you not only eliminate the
minimal and constant electricity consumption of your home but also the brief and significant power demands (thanks to several grid-tie-inverters and batteries)

I actually forgot in Germany the constraint of not injecting more than 800W hence the constraint on the balcony V1 which is not equipped with a limiter. But to the extent that the V2 version is equipped with an sort of injection current limiter (S1 smart plug), which will in fact limit the power injected into the public grid, we can think that it would be legitimate to be able to exceed the threshold of 800W (with 2 balcony system on the same home grid). But your precision on the reactivity of the system (which passes through an external cloud before returning) does not allow it to be as reactive and in fact if we couple several balcony systems on the same grid at the same time, we can inject more than 800W to the public grid.

I need to add something really important here. The problem here is not “Not allowed to export 800W to grid”. The real limitation in Germany is, that such a system isnt allowed to supply more than 800W to the house at all. So i cant say im using 1200W internal in my house and dont export more than 800W.

So when you want to use 2 Systems, you need to make sure that a single system cant outout more than 400W.

V1 does have this 800W Limit. What i mean with “its not limited” is that you ony can charge the B210 with full power or inject full power to grid. But no splitting.

Im agree with you, that the cloud solution might be a thing that could be optimized in the future. Because, like you say, a local sensor is way quicker.

1 Like

The System launches tomorrow! If you guys to have any questions left, let me know!

As a PowerStream user I find this product launch a bit confusing. I couldn’t find any technical manuals, and it’s not super clear if the A80P is stand alone or requires the D100P, or how the systems connect to each other either, and how you control them. I wish they would cut back on the slides and add more specifications.

It looks like in order to connect this to a B300 battery I would need the AC80P + D100P + Aviation to P090D cable, but that would cost about €500 is that correct? It also looks like the smart plugs require the D100P and won’t work with the micro inverter alone.

It mentions it can work with third party microinverters but doesn’t say how. In that case would only the D100P be required and what is the output to the Microinverter? It looks like MC4 outputs but what voltage and Amperage?

When I say looks like I really mean that as the only information is in the pictures.

Can someone just link the manual or full technical specifications? As it’s on sale now that should be available.

A80P manual

1 Like

Thanks Snips. What about the D100P? I think I am more interested in that one.

BLUETTI Câble adaptateur pour B300S vers D100P - BLUETTI FR (bluettipower.eu)

BLUETTI Cable adaptador para Batería B230+B300+B300K a D100P - BLUETTI España (bluettipower.eu)

1 Like

Thanks @Snips1 that manual does have much more information I shall enjoy reading it.

D100P_User_Manual_EN-DE.pdf (shopify.com)

1 Like

I have some Questions :stuck_out_tongue:

1. On Page 17 of the D100P manual it says to use solar branch connectors to connect two panels. Can branch connectors be used again at the D100P end to split the current between the two MPPT controllers? The option is called PV Parallel enable on the AC300/AC500.

2. Page 22 DC output range 20V to 60V. Is the voltage range configurable in software between 20V to 60V? For example can I set 40V constant locked output that won’t reset after power loss?

3. Is the power draw limited by the D100P or the microinverter? For example can a third party microinverter pull the full 800 watts without the D100P restricting supply?

4. What is the maximum power draw from the battery only? Can a B300 output 800 watts using the cable?

5. What is the Maximum solar power that can be stored in the battery using the cable and does it support power splitting? For example can I store solar power in the battery and power the microinverter with solar at the same time.

6. Is the cable the same as the B210 to P090D cable used for connecting the B210 to AC200L or at least similar enough to be interchangeable?

7. Is the DC output split equally. For example if the battery can output 800 watts would that be split 400 watts over each output to the micro inverter?

8. Is there anyway to keep the battery connected to another control unit like the AC300 or does it have to be stand alone? If not can that be implemented even if it meant disabling the charging from the D100P. (This would be useful for people with off grid systems on variable energy plans who want to charge up their B300’s from the grid when energy is cheap, and then provide power to the house when energy is expensive).

I’ll let @Selfmadestrom answer you, I don’t have this system at home !

Hello @Sideeffect

1.) The D100P and the A80P have two MPPTs. One on each side. So the value you mentioned (Up to 60V) is per String.

2.) No, you can set the voltage for yourself. Something similar is the new released charger 1 which take 12V or 24V Batteries as an input and can output up to 60V depending on your settings

3.) The Power gets limited by the A80P which only take as much amps to reach the 800W. You could use a third party inverter but have some restrictions because you cant integrate it into the App.

4.) Battery draw supports the full 800W to the grid.

5.) The D100P can handle up to 500W per String. So 1000W would be the maximum. This system supports powerspliting. So you can supply your house and charge the battery at the same time.

6.) You can have a look at the cables on the website. Since i dont have a AC200L, i dont know the plug.

7.) You can configure a certain value that the A80P should output. For example 300W. When the Panels produce 800W, 300W will go to the A80P and 500W into the B210.

8.)Im not 100% sure. I know someone connected a B300 and a AC200Max to the B300 which should work according to the support. Am still wating for my cable to arrive to connect B300 and want to try to connect a AC300 to it too. Officially its not supported to connect the AC300 to it.

Hope you get the answers you looking for!
Erik

@Snips1 Thanks for you help

1 Like

Is there anyway to keep the battery connected to another control unit like the AC300 or does it have to be stand alone? If not can that be implemented even if it meant disabling the charging from the D100P. (This would be useful for people with off grid systems on variable energy plans who want to charge up their B300’s from the grid when energy is cheap, and then provide power to the house when energy is expensive).

I think it won’t work because I assume that the B300 and b300s are slave units, for example they deliver power only if they receives an order from a master = an ac300 or… a D100p. I think that if you connect a B300 or B300S to 2 masters at the same time, it will have a problem!

But @Selfmadestrom test will help to decide!

Postscript: I use a b230 in powerbank mode connected to an external grid tie inverter and I note that the ac-dc adapter input remains activated (dc7909 socket) : so I charge at night when the price is low and I inject during the day when the electricity price is high, as you want to do. I think you don’t need to go through your ac300 to charge your B300 or B300s… You just need to plug a T500 ac dc adapter via the dc7909 socket to charge your B300 or b300s (it’s not possible for a B300k) in the evening, and you can keep the d100p and the t500 adapter plugged in at the same time. You plug the t500 into your grid by just inserting a smartplug so you can program the triggering during the hours when the price is low… No need to connect to the ac300 so for that!

Ps2 Well, I guess Erik wants to connect to his AC300 to see if he can request several B300 on a single balcony system or his existing solar panels array to recharge his B300 !

1 Like

Hi @Selfmadestrom, Thank you very much for the replies. That answered most of it :slight_smile:

Just going back to question 1 again. The AC300 has two MPPT controllers as well and it is able to split current between them when you enable a setting called PV Parallel Enable in the settings. How it works is you put two 30V 12A panels together in Parallel with branch connectors (4 to 2 Wires) at the panel end, use a single pair of cables to go to the house and then use another branch connector to split the cable between the dual MPPT input on the AC300 (2 to 4 wires). You can then transfer the full 30V 24A which is split 12A each between the dual MPPT’s. I was wondering if the D100P also had this setting?

@Snips1
Yes I also think it won’t work currently I was just wondering if anyone knew what Bluetti’s plans were for example see below from the product page.
"### Q3.Is the system now compatible with BLUETTI Power Stations?
Not yet, but we’re working on it."

Ecoflow is able to manage it and you can connect to most of their power stations using the PowerStream so I was hoping this would be coming to Bluetti.

I have a B300 and a B300K so I could maybe use the B300 with the D100P and charge it like you say with the dc7909. My reservation for using this as a long term charging solution is that I have been seeing a lot of burned inputs recently on the AC200MAX dc7909. I haven’t seen this happen on the expansion batteries but wonder if that is just because less people are charging them this way or if the charge port is perhaps safer in some way?

The ideal would be to be able to solar charge and charge the battery from a AC300/AC500 and just transfer power efficiently to the D100P as requested, and I hope Bluetti can find a solution for that.

Interesting the concept of a single “power bank capacity” shared/recharged by different “energy users/providers” at the same time (D100P, AC300, AC500 and maybe AC200xxx…) This requires moving from a centralized model around the invert to a decentralized model or initially centralized around the lifepo4 cells.

I understand your concern about the dc7909 connector on the ac200max, some of which have melted. I feel concerned because I have 2 ac200max with a b230 and a b300k (thanks Bluetti for the quizz!) and in winter I charge them every day on the grid, a good part of the night when the price of electricity is lowest!.
I can tell you that since 2022, I have had no problems… While I charge them for almost 8 hours every night!

However, after the testimony and the impressive photos, I check that the connectors are properly inserted, and you can use strong adhesive tape or large rubber bands to mount the dc7909 plug so that it is always fully inserted.

Heating only occurs in the event of poor electrical contact, for example a plug that is not inserted sufficiently.

I admit that I have also invested in a small infrared camera, to plug into the USB C port of my smartphone, to be able to inspect from time to time the hot spots of my ac200max (ie the dc7909 connector in charge), the mc4 connectors, the solar panels to see if there are any “hot spots”.