PV200 charge controller recommendation

My travel trailer has a Zamp connector preinstalled. I have two PV200 panels.

My understanding about the Zamp connector, and please correct me if I’m wrong, is two-fold:

1 - There is no charge controller on these connectors since the Zamp panels have one included – essentially they are wired directly to the batteries.
2 - They are reverse polarity from the standard.

I have an adapter that can reverse the polarity (again, I’ll double check with a multimeter). But what kind of charge controller would be a good choice?

I wonder if there is a way to change the port to wire to the existing charge controller in the trailer (and clearly mark it by the input so there is no confusion…).

I don’t know your Zamp controller or trailer specifics. However, the approx standard for nominal 12V panels is; For every 100W of panel output you get roughly 5amps of output max. So if you connect 2 x 200 PV panels in parallel you will output approx 20A at their Voc (26.1) max. If you connect in series you will get roughly 10A at a Voc of 52V. In other words your controller will need to match the way you connect them. Also given the 400W total, a MPPT would be my choice. Again my choice, I would use a Victron 100/30. It will take up to 100VDC in and output up to 30A and will cover both series or parallel connection as well as space to connect a 3rd PV200 if desired in the future. There are other brands of similar specs. :slight_smile: