Pulling the trigger on an AC200L - a few questions

Good day all! I am brand new to the solar generator world. I have a dual fuel 9000 watt generator for boondocking. I want a solar powered generator for true off-the-grid potential. I have a few question before I make this move. I want to be able to run my RV (30 amp) and although I understand that the generator can only run a short time with everything running, how much does having all 1200w of pV hooked up extend the watt-hour life of the battery? Is it simple math? I also know that I won’t get a full 1200w with a 6X200w pV array. I was just curious about what to expect in the real world. Have any of you used one in this type of configuration using pass-through wattage? I know the air conditioner (13,500 BTU) is a huge draw (prob like 1400w itself once stabilized). I am realistic about not being able to run it for hours. I just want to know what performance I can expect. I also like the in-home power outage uses of the unit as well. Just a nice thing to have for many different applications and not 212lbs like my noisy generator. Thanks for any help.

2 Likes

Hello again, can anyone help me here? Thanks!

1 Like

I also just got a 200L. I am experimenting with what it can do. I only have 1000W of solar and because of where we have to have the panels I am only drawing a maximum of just under 800W. I let the 200 collect the power and then I distribute it to my batteries via a battery charger for lifePO4. This is cumbersome as I don’t really have a battery bank. Just 4 individual 100 amh batteries not connected to each other. or the 200L. I am not mobile. I am trying to power some appliances off grid but am in a neighborhood. I like the ease of use with the 200L. But can’t give you much more information because my own experimentation has just started.

1 Like

Your 1200w panels will add maximum watts for an hour or two midday. Better in summer and closer to the equator, less in winter and farther from the equator. Less before and after midday. Any clouds or haze will also reduce it.
I’m not sure where you are at, but in the US typically you get the equvilent of 4.5 hours of sun a day (again better in the summer), so assuming everything is good, 1200w would maybe add 4500wh if your battery is not full and can take it.
Again, the 4500wh is a very rough estimate for a sunny day, panels at the proper angle, etc…

I have a AC200L and am running my 14000BTU air conditioner from it. I’m not sure how much it pulls, but total I typically pull 1.4kw to 1.9kw from it. I have 1200W of solar, though this time of year I’m lucky to get 900-1000kw midday, less the rest of the time. (It’s 4 PM CDT in central Texas and I’m getting 676w). I also get a couple of hundreds watts midday from a D050S into a B230 expansion battery.
With the expansion battery I can run a couple of hours off of it. Not sure of the exact amount since I have my AC200L setup to pull from AC when the SOC drops (my main goal of having the power stations is in case power goes out, but since I’ve got them, I might as well use them).
I typically switch back to AC around 4:30 - 5ish.
I know a rambled a bit, so not sure how helpful this is, but hopefully it helped some.

1 Like