Panel Differences

What is the difference between the PV200 and the PV200S? Other than their size or weight, that is. Do they charge differently? Is one better than the other?

@cupcaketennessee
You can learn the exact difference from the product page on BLUETTI website:

2 Likes

The PV200S seems to be missing some specs, such as Vmp and Imp. Didn’t see them on the webpage or in the manual.

I already knew this information from the website. My actual question is, seeing as they are both 200w panels, what is the operational difference between the two of them? And would I be able to connect a PV200 and a PV200s in series is another, different question?

Hi @cupcaketennessee

Since they have different operation voltages, its not recommended to use a PV200 and a PV200S in series. I would assume that the panels are beeing wired differently internal, also the layout of the panels itself is different. So they will probaly have different behavior with part time shadows.

I only own a PV200, so i cant really speak for the PV200S. Maybe someone can add some information.

greetings
Erik

1 Like

@cupcaketennessee
Upon confirmation:
PV200 and PV200S are two different models. Using them together may affect their respective performance and even lifespan. It is not recommended to connect them for simultaneous use.

2 Likes

What are the differences in the two panels that makes one better than the other? I’m looking to make a future purchase and have limited funds. The pv200s has a lower price, is it somehow of less quality or inferior to the pv200? This is the difference that I want to know.

@cupcaketennessee Both panels are great. I would go with the model, that fits your budget. When you buy ore than one, you just have to keep in mind that the PV200S has slighty higher voltage

1 Like