New B300K fan

I saw that the new B300K battery had a fan unlike my B300.

I love how quiet my AC300 and B300 run. Fanless at low load and generally quite quiet at moderate load (in silent mode).

I would like to know if adding a B300K will change the situation in terms of noise.

Can I expect passive fanless operation of the B300K on a moderate load (100 - 200 W) in a temperate environment (20° C) ?

Or is the fan permanently present ?

It can be assumed that the battery heats up less than the inverter.
What decibel level compared to the AC 300 in operation?

Hi @ThierryFr

The fan inside the B300K is so quiet, i only hear it when i power on the battery pack. I do have a B210 which have also a fan. If i wouldnt now it has one, i wouldnt even notice.

You can expect a near fanless operation for what i notice so far.

greetings
Erik

I have done some testing with the B300K battery, including with my AC300 system that powers part of my home full-time. The only time I have ever heard the fan run is when the battery is powered up. Even with full solar charging (around 2,200+ watts) I have not heard it come on, or when the 1,100 running watts water pump is going. Now, I do have 4 batteries, so the power is split between them, and the system is in my basement which is decently cool, probably somewhat cooler than 20° C, but not by a lot.

I will say that the fan is considerably quieter than the AC300’s fan when that is running, and on my system the AC300 fan does run periodically.

1 Like