My ACMax200 won't charge with solar.

My AC200 Max won’t charge via solar. “Luna” in China customer service is apparently on holiday again, though Easter was last week. I rebooted, get 030 and 028 error codes. I sent her a photo of the 030 and 028 error codes as well as the photo of the number on bottom of the machine. I need someone to respond so I can use this equipment as intended. It cost $3,200 and I’ve used it twice. She has my order number and serial number. How does this get fixed? And how can you possibly not have technical support online or on the phone? I’ve tried updating to .008 but it won’t update.

Welcome to the forum @robertflandrau !! Currently alot of the Bluetti team is off for the Celebration of the Memorial of the Qingming Festival. But they still do have some support members around who could look into your case more. I will tag @BLUETTI_CARE for that.

But I am curious as the 030 is a “Communication Error” and the 028 is a “Fan Error” and not ones I have seen pop up very often, it sounds like something is going on within the bms. Which HOPEFULLY can be resolved via that firmware update. When you go to do that firmware update, what exactly are you seeing when you said “it wont update”?? Are you attempting the update via bluetooth while being close to the unit? Is there anyway you could get a video or screen shot of the process and error that pops up by chance??

@robertflandrau…You may want to brush up on China celebrating Easter as a holiday.

If you have a large expansion cable on your AC200MAX (to connect to a B300/B230 expansion battery) unplug it to see the result.
Also check the 2 expansion connectors, to see if there is any dirt or something that creates a short circuit on the 8 small holes on the connector
I have an A200MAX and I have already had 030 “Communication Error” errors related to the data bus (8 bits) in the expansion cable/connector. It is then impossible to charge the AC200MAX, the screen displays a frozen capacity and often equal to 0%.
As m.briney said, error 028 worries me more… and the fact that it happens at the same time as error 030 is quite worrying… Has your AC200max taken on water or has something created a short circuit inside, through one of the ventilation inlets?
something that could have entered through the ventilation inlet could both create a problem on the fan and since it is certainly just above the 8 bits communication bus of the expansion port, it could also have impacted this bus and create an 030 error. This is just a guess

1 Like

@robertflandrau It is suggested that the unit should be returned for repair. Customer service will help you, please check your email.