My AC output does not work but DC does

I have the AC500 and is using it for the first time. I was able to charge my phone with the DC output but was not able to get it to charge using the AC output

Hello @heng,
Welcome to the forum.
I assume you turned ON the AC output, but didn’t get any power.
Can you connect via the phone, and try activating the AC output via the app?

Hi @heng

welcome to the Bluetti community forum!

AC and DC need to be activatet seperatly. You can do this by using the touchscreen and click where the round icons with “AC” and “DC” are. As @Derceto mentioned, you can connect the unit with the Bluetti App and also can switch the inputs from there.

greetings
Erik

1 Like

Hi @Derceto @Selfmadestrom,

Yes - I did have AC output turned on via the app, inverter and separately. Still nothing.

I thought I was missing something so I unplugged the 110 from the inverter and turned on DC output and plugged it via usb and it worked.

1 Like

Well that’s cerainly not the expected behavior of the device :frowning:
That’s probably a case @BLUETTI @BLUETTI_CARE will handle.
&nbsp,
N.B. Is there any difference when the unit is plugged into the wall socket?

Hi @heng , We would like to know the grid frequency in your location. Is it possible that the AC500’s frequency does not match the local grid frequency? If so, you may need to adjust the frequency to enable normal AC charging.
We recommend logging into the Bluetti app and updating all firmware to the latest version.
Additionally, please check if there are any error codes on the machine. Also, click on the AC output icon on the touch screen to verify if the AC output voltage is normal. We will continue troubleshooting and following up on this issue.
Thanks to @Derceto for the reminder and assistance.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone. this was an enduser error. i brought the system indoors and tried other appliances with it and it worked. I only had my cellphone charger and EV plug with me to test outdoors and apparently the EV plug needed to be changed to grounded?

Still learning all of this!

thank you!

1 Like