#LifeWithBLUETTI - Usage of my AC300 + B300

Hello everyone!

Late, but not to late, i wanna join this contest with my AC300 setup. I prepare a video, to showcase how i integrate my AC300 + B300 Setup into my daily life. You can have a look here:

https://youtu.be/XBCDvR9BA4M

Its only a short video, about 5 minutes. Unfortunately its with a watermark, because my tool expired. Hope you still can enjoy it. In addition, i also have prepared a little article in english, when its hard for you to follow my english :slight_smile:

What im using my AC300 for?

Poolpump + Heating

In the summer, my main usecase for the AC300 + B300 Combo is to “run” my pool. Better speaking the Sand-Poolpump and a Air-Water Heat Pump. Both of the devices are designed to run the whole day. The pumb to clean the water and provide waterflow for the heat pumb. The heat pumb is really efficent. It doesnt use a heating element to warm up the water. Instead it releases the “cold” from the water into the air and add the heat from the air to the water. That is way more efficient than a regular heater.

The Setup still use about 800 - 1000W. Easy to handle for the AC300s inverter. But still a lot of energy that get consumed over the day. So great to use free and clean Solarenergy for it!

Garden applications

My second usecase for the AC300 are garden applications like lawn mower, hedge trimmer or the power washer. Not only i save a lot of money by not using energy from the grid, i also can get rid of long extension corts. This way, its way more easy to work with my devices.

Emergency Power for the whole house

Time to shine! I install a transfer switch into my main panel to switch from grid power to emergency Power. Thanks to the massive inverter, i could run my whole house from the AC300. Because im limited to single phase over a standard EU-Plug, im not able to use devices that require 3 phase power like heating plate or the oven. Atleast the microwave works :slight_smile: . The Grid is really stable in germany, so i didnt use it yet in a emergency case. Only for testing porpuse. But its really good to know that i have the chance to use it. To extend the live span during an powerouttage, i also have a EP500 Pro that can charge the unit too.

Powering my trip to work

I buy recently a electric motorcycle to make shorter trips fully electric and powered by Bluetti. I pick it up at wednesday, so i cant show you pictures from it now. Here is a image that is provided from the internet, to give you an idea.

Its from BMW and called “CE02” for ranges about 100km per charge. It does have about 5 kwh of batterys onboard. As long the sun allow it, i will only charge it from Solarpower. The Charger for this bike charges with arounf 1500W. Again easy to handle for the AC300. The only thing im struggle with is the capacity of two B300 (around 6 kwh).

To fully charge the bike, the batterys needs to be full and i assume a little “fresh” solarenergy needs to be also added. Hoping to get anoter B300 in this contest, to have a little buffer for the bike.

May the best post be winning! I wish you guys good luck!

Thanks for reading
Erik

6 Likes

Woop woop, lovely bike. Those sound like tie fighters :comet:
Nice article!
What volume of water have you got there?
Mine is a small children’s pool (+/- 3700 liters). It takes about 9kW thermal to see a 1.5°C to 2ºC of temp increase (per hour) when air temp is lower than water temp (delta max 10°C).
Considering insulating the pool seems reasonable at this stage.

Also, curious about that transfer switch.
Have you got specific circuits connected to your generator? Also, is there a differential switch?
I’m asking as I’m currently testing several plug and play diff switches… and with floating ground, the result can vary… greatly (shocking a piece of dead meat to hope and trigger the RCD/RCBO feels a bit like Dr Frankenstein).
Nice article, again, thanks for sharing!

Got to watch video tomo, can’t use the sound atm (wife sleeps…)
update: cool, checked the video with a coffee to start the day. That pool looks fantastic! Nice video.

@Selfmadestrom Thanks Erik for the entry on #LifewithBLUETTI!
And what a cool Beamer motorcycle, happy pickup!
I look forward to your scenario of using the AC300 to charge the motorcycle. :motorcycle: :motorcycle:

2 Likes

The Pool does have around 17000 Liters. The pumb have about 2,5kw heat output while consume around 600W. So its far less than you metioned system. Its not quite as fast heatet as yours, as you can imagine.

Im not connect the transfer switch by myself. I dont have an extra emergency circuit. On one side of the switch, the grid is connected and on the other side the EU Plug. The Switch is for three phase, but its only one phase connected that is bridged.

So you have one Output (to my house) and two inputs that can be switched. Because my knowledge isnt that advanced, i let people connect that thing, that know what they do^^

Hope you kinda understand what i mean. If not, just ask ;)

2 Likes

Me too! Really curios how it worked to not use gas anymore and just plug it into the AC300 and charge it for the next day!

1 Like

Can’t help but think TRON Legacy when I see (hear?) this bike… :blue_heart:

tbh when you hear the bike, it more sounds like a subway xD. But futuristic for sure!

1 Like

Hey thanks, this is interresting.
Indeed, better safe than sorry. Lots of power going through that, fire hazard when accute DIY improvises its own transfer switch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: