Just a quick question

I recently bought an EB3A and a 120 solar panel to charge it. I just bought an AC180. I know this panel will take quite a while to charge the AC180. Can I get a 200 panel and combine it with the 120 or do I have to use 2 of the 120 panels?

It’s recommended to connect solar panels of the same model. For panels of different models, it is not recommended to connect them in series due to differences in their internal circuits.

1 Like

The solar panel I have is the Bluetti PV120. So you’re recommending I get another PV120 and not the PV200?

Probably both panels have different voltage and current characteristic. That is why you need to avoid such situation. In the best option 200W panel produce 120W but it also can damage the pv panel in long term. If the panels have the same Voc or Vmp you can try to connect them parallel. If the panels have the same current Imp you can try to connect in serial keeping mind not exceed maximum voltage input of Bluetti input.

1 Like

That would be the preferred method, get the matching panel. It would not be good to connect a PV120 and PV200 together, as their characteristics would be considerably different.
Depending on your use situation it might be more useful for you to get a standard solar panel instead of portable. They would be less expensive per watt than portable, and can be left permanently outside. Some people make a wheeled stand for one or two standard panels and wheel them out into their yard as needed. You could easily get two 250 watt or larger panels to use for the AC180.

How do I hook up the cables to use 2 PV120 panels into my AC180? I’m very new to this, just received it 2 days ago.

Hello if it was me I would by 2 PV200 panels.
Your AC180 can handle the voltage from the PV200 panels (MAXIMUM 12-60VDC) and 2 of these panels output only 26.1 VDC * 2 = 52.2 V.
Then keep the PV120 for your smaller battery and the 2 PV200’s for the ac180.
Or by another PV120, regardless, then you could connect them in series.

This diagram has 3 batteries, but just exclude the middle battery and hook it up as shown.
I hope that helps

1 Like