Is B210 expansion battery compatible with AC200Max

I have an AC200Max and B230 expansion battery I use as a sink for solar off-grid car charging. One problem I have not been able to remedy is when the B230 expansion battery turns off after being fully depleted. When solar starts providing power, neither the AC200Max nor the aux solar charger are able to wake the B230.

I see that the B210 is listed as having a wake-on-charge feature. So I am wondering, can I use B210 batteries with AC200Max?

2 Likes

This is a very interesting question for me too, I will be curious to know Bluetti’s answer. In fact the B210 is connected by an aviation type cable on the B210 side and p090d on the AC200l side. However, the ac200max has the same expansion port, so we could use this cable to connect the B210 to the AC200max…
The question is: does the B210 use the same protocol as the b230 and will be seen by the ac200max as if it is a b230?

Because if yes, like the B210 can be woken up by a voltage on the input port (AC dc adapter or solar) that means that we could wake it up (the B210) , like the ac200max!
Link

1 Like

@Snips1 @bluetti_garyschultegmailcom This is from the B210 product page FAQs in Australia, and I assume it would be the same worldwide:

“As an expansion battery, B210 is compatible with BLUETTI AC240 and AC200L(extra cable required), with up to 4 and 2 units, respectively.”

You can of course use the 12v outlets on the B210 as a power bank.

1 Like

Indeed this is the official documentation, we can understand that it is not for the ac200max. But is it really not compatible with our AC200max ?

1 Like

i can imagine that it doesnt work for the same reason the balcony solar system cant connect a B300. Cables would fit but they have a different way to talk to each other

1 Like

You are probably right!
Unless Bluetti didn’t take the trouble to redevelop another protocol/another electronics for the B210 and reused that of the b230… Unfortunately I don’t have a B210 nor a p090d-aviation cable on hand to test…

1 Like