Inverter Question

I have a the EB70, my camper has a 700watt 240 volt microwave & from what I can find out it has a peak load around 1100/1200 watts. Will it work? Will it damage the EB70 if I try to run it or will it just report overload & switch off. I’m only considering it to be used if we run out of gas which has rarely happened. I live in the UK & the specs of my EB70 for the inverter are 1000W rated wattage(1,400W Surge) so should I be ok?

2 Likes

The EB70, like all Bluetti power stations, has an overload protection that will trigger if the AC outputs are pulling too much current to protect itself to avoid damage. So I wouldn’t be concerned if you trigger it when using your microwave as it won’t damage the station. If it is triggering every time you use the microwave you could try to reduce the power level on it (if yours has this feature) which may help. Else, you’d have to go with the next largest station which would be the AC200P or AC200Max which have a 2000 and 2200W inverter respectively.

1 Like

It depends on how long the microwave draw 1200W. The Surge Value can only be hold for 2 - 3 Seconds to catch the higher load when turning a device on. Its not for using always 1200W.

The Powerstation will cut the power automaticly if one of you electronic devices is taking to much power for too long.

So as long the microwave operates 1000W or under for the most time it should work

1 Like

@Kontiki The EB70 should not be able to carry a microwave oven that peaks at about 1100W for you.
But the machine has overload protection, so don’t worry about damage. It is recommended that AC200max or above devices are preferred for carrying microwave ovens.

1 Like

I doubt if reducing the microwave power level will solve the problem. My understanding of reduced power level is that it doesn’t actually reduce the power level, it just cycles the microwave on and off proportionally. Next time you run a microwave at reduced power level, listen and you will hear the microwave kick on and off. Maybe some of the newer microwaves actually reduce the power level, but I haven’t seen one yet.

2 Likes