Increasing dc charge rate for ac180

Hi AC180 users. I have recently purchased a Bluetti enhancer thinking it would enable me to increase the dc charge rate above that currently achieved via Victron 12/24 converter that is wired to the car battery with decent sized cabling and fuse. I thought ditching the Victron and goingvwith the enhancer, increasing the voltage with the enhancer above 24 volts to say 60 volts, would do the trick. Am I on the right track? Also, the Victron is set up so that it only draws on the car battery when the ignition is on. Is this going to be a problem with the enhancer? Forgive me for demonstrating my ignorance on such matters or for going over old ground. I did try reading through previous posts but didnt find anything directly on point.

1 Like

Hi @Bunker Unfortunately the D050S is not a DCDC converter but a device that enables you to input additional solar into some BLUETTI power stations as well as certain bluetti expansion batteries. It can also allow 12/24v car charging for older units that may not necessarily have that option. It is of no benefit at all to an AC180.

To charge your AC180 whilst driving you’d be better off getting the new Bluetti D60L Charger 1 if it has been released in your region. It can provide up to 560 watts of input from your battery/alternator.

2 Likes

@Bunker
Sorry, the AC180 is not compatible with the D050S. Additionally, everything below 30V is the same and will limit the current; it won’t help even if the current is larger. At 12V, it’s 100W, and at 24V, it’s 200W. As @Erebus suggested, you can try purchasing Charger 1.

2 Likes