I'm changing ISPs

I bought a Starlink kit so I have to change my Internet devices. Do I need to reset wifi on the APP? I can still connect by cloud through my ipad on Starlink which surprised me.

On a side note all the Speed tests apps are showing between 200 and 300 Mbps. Props to Elon Musk.

1 Like

Hey @St8kout !

Im not 100% sure what you mean. When you want to connect your Bluetti Gear to the cloud by Starlink and you have a different Wifi Name than befoure, you need to reconfigure the wifi. When you just connect your phone to the star link and the Bluetti Gear stays connected as before, there is no need to change anything. Since its a cloud connection, any connection would allow you to monitor your units over the cloud.

greetings
Erik

1 Like

I’ve got so many gadgets that I couldn’t remember how I set up the AC500 the first time. Then there’s the “reset Wifi” button on the APP but the APP on my ipad was already connecting to the AC500.
I had to use “reset Wifi” on each of my Ring cameras to change my ISP on them so it was getting confusing.

One of the many reasons I bought Starlink was because all the Ring security cameras go down if there is no Internet; they don’t mention that in the brochure. So all the bad guys have to do is cut your cable Internet to shut down all your cameras before they break in. Our local “Neighbors” Ring app has plenty of videos of people lurking around houses, looking in windows, checking front doors to see if they open, looking in parked cars for something to steal, etc. Funny thing is, this had likely been going on long before we had cameras to see it happening.

1 Like

Hey @St8kout

Wifi is pretty simple. You need a wifi name and a password. Devices dont really care which device host this combination.

For example: You have Wifi Router 1 with a name called “Bluetti 1” and a password “BluettiTheGreatest”. You configure all your gear to connect with that “Bluetti 1” network.

Most devices search for the stromgest signal that fits the entered data.

When you know change your Router 1 with a starlink device that can open the same “Bluetti 1” network with the same “BluettiTheGreatest” password, the devices just should connect as usual.

If you run both routers with the same name, they connect to the strongest or to the last one they connect to. If one of this wifi failed, they should connect automaticly to the second Wifi.

Hope that makes things a bit more clear :)

1 Like

Well, after all that I could not log on today; got “Account doesn’t exist” “Password incorrect.” Only Bluetooth was working. I reset my password and still could not log in.

Then I tried “Reset Wifi” and found an option, “Change Wifi” (or something like that). It was still trying to use my old Wifi SSID so I changed it to Starlink, entered the password, and then it worked.
I knew it was too easy still being able to log in (at first) on my ipad without changing WiFi info on the APP.
I wonder if a Bluetti tech saw that and made the change last night :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like