I want to connect my ac300/B300 to my home electrical panel as a backup. What do I ask the electron to do?

Dear Friends, I have an AC300/B300 set up. I am in a newly constructed town home. Cannot mount solar panels on the roof. Cannot install a permanent “outdoor” generator. I want to be able to connect by Bluetti power station to my home electrical panel. Aside from knowing to tell the electrician to build a switch to keep from having grid power and back up power on simultaneously and that I need a “plug”. I am unsure of what plug precisely to ask for (? 4 prong locking) and the amps or voltage required. I am quite new to this and could use some advice. Thanking you in advance.

Hi @mdcmd

I let them install a transfer switch. One side for regular grid and the ther side for backup. The Backup side is just a simple cable that end with a SchuKo Plug. When i switch to backup, i simply plug it in to the inverter of my EP500Pro or AC300 and switch the transfer switch to backup. Thats it.

Only thing you keep in mind is, that this is only single phase, so you might not be able to power everthing. Like high loads that requires 3 phase.

greetings
Erik

Thanks Erik. I appreciate the advice.

1 Like