How to choose your BLUETTI power station? Check it out!

:bulb:BLUETTI has two types of product lines for your reference!

41 Likes

Is there already an updated product line overview or when will this be published? An updated comparison table would make my choice easier.

1 Like

Hi @tgaggioni

Maybe you can check this post:
Bluetti Assistant - How to choose the right model?

greetings
Erik

Hey welcome @tgaggioni - what are your specific needs?
It really boils down to portability versus increased capacity/output.

The conditions in which you intended to use your power station are a driving factor.
To me, portability needs be assessed first. Home, RV/van, shed, on-the-go, etc.
Then you evaluate your max power needs, and finally battery capacity.
Keep in mind possible future use, but don’t aim for something oversize “just in case” as larger inverters are not only heavier, but are also less efficient at low power (and hungrier on idle).

In a nutshell: where? > how much power? > for how long?

According to my experience:

• Best portability vs power/capacity is AC70 (unless foreseen loads are >1000W) for 10-ish kg with great solar input.
  • Best for static use: AC500 (hard to move, but most powerful) but needs modular batteries, has thick wires and offers tremendous solar input.
  • Overall best: AC200L (can take additional batteries and is still portable enough) and best solar input for the whole all-in-one range.

My opinion: That new AC200L is probably their best power station UNLESS you need to power really heavy loads (ie above 2.4kW, such as 3kW water boiler and the likes). However, most consumer appliances don’t go above 3kW. It can even power a cloth drier, washing machine, oven, etc. and take external B300 batteries.

AC500 is great to power multiple things in parallel (like a washing machine AND a drier at the same time), but given that its batteries have a specific com protocol, they can’t be used on other stations, and that’s a major downside.

N.B. those opinions are based on my use / ownership of those models; I am sharing my shortlist while also having tested/owned other models such as AC2A, AC300, AC180.

Cheers,

1 Like

Nice detailed description! Totally with you. AC70 is a such a great unit. Static use with a bit of mobility could be also a EP500Pro, which have similar stats like the AC300.

1 Like

I don’t mean to be a wet blanket, but EP500pro is 76kg, so it’s even more restrictive than AC500 in terms of weight :slight_smile:
I would honestly recommend AC500 stacked on top a few B300S on a heavy duty dolly versus an EP500pro.
My 2 cents again.

Sure, you can make the AC500 portable too^^ Thats why i write “a bit mobility”. Its meant to roll from one corner to another, not really for transport it or similar xD

1 Like