How to charge a B210 with a EP500Pro?

Hey guys!

I need some swarm intelligence. Hope someone have great ideas for that.

Right now, im using a B210 expansion battery with my balcony system. The B210 does have about 2kwh of storage. This is not enough to cover my draw the whole night.

The idea is to extend the operating time of the balcony system, without to buy a second B210 and use my EP500Pro instead.

The B210 have a PV/DC Input via MC4 or Cigarette Socket 11V - 60V 10A (500W). The Bluetti Shop site also mentioned a AC Input for T500. But cant find it. Maybe they mean T500 for DC/PV Input with extra adapter?

The EP500Pro does have a aviaton 12V 30A output, the cigarette plug and AC Outputs.

DC to DC Solutionen is prefered. Hoping for some input!

greetings
Erik

Is it possible to buy this cable as a single? Seems like that to charge the B210 by AC

Well, the EP500’s 12 volt 30 amp connection is good for 360 watts. The B210 max input current is 10 amp. Working with those limits it may work to get a 12 volt to 24 volt DC to DC converter that can handle at least 10 amps (maybe better for 15 amps) on the output. The input to it would be about 20 amps from the EP500. Then you could use that EP500 12 volt output to charge the B210 at about the highest rate reasonable while strictly using the DC circuits.

1 Like

This link should bring you to the T500 adapter with the MC4 adapter cable, and then you could charge it by 120 volts (of course, that’s assuming that is your grid voltage). What I cannot determine from that page is whether the T500 would be able to use 240 volts as well.

T500 AC Adapter Charger

@hnymann Thanks for your answer! Thats was the same idea i had with the DC side, but i just cant find any fitting cable. Needs to be Aviation 2 Pin Male to MC4 (or alternative the plug that the B210 uses). Good point too with the 24V but the 12V 10A is enough for what i want to do with it mostly.

About the AC Charging. I think its a huge waste of energy, would say rougly 60W you giving away by DC-AC-DC convert. I do have two T500 and just need the cable that provided in this set, when no DC solution is suitable.

Thanks again for you input. If you know such a cable (Aviation 2 Pin Male to MC4 (or alternative the plug that the B210 uses), that would be awesome!

Erik

1 Like

I found this one on Amazon and I think this is what you would need.
https://www.amazon.com/XTAR-Connectors-Portable-Station-Generator/dp/B0B6TX6H54

1 Like

I’m going to throw this find out too, but I can’t confirm it’s the proper aviation plug for your EP500. It is from Bluetti though.
https://www.amazon.com/BLUETTI-Aviation-Connect-Portable-Station/dp/B0C9929VXM

Thats seems like the little right. In combination with the other cable you provide.

Maybe i build that Aviation to MC4 plug just myself. Doesnt seemed to difficult.

Thanks again for you time ;)

1 Like

Building either either the Aviation plug to MC4 or to the DC7909 would not be difficult. And you’re welcome!

1 Like

Hey @hnymann !

There is just some wild idea in my mind, maybe you know if this would actually work.

The EP500Pro does have two 12V Outlets. One with 30A and one with 10A. We talked about 24V yesterday. Since both outputs to have the same voltage and are cut to 10A by the B210 input, would it be possible to connect both outputs in series to the B210?

That would make things really interesting.

Thanks
Erik

I bought this cable on AliExpress, from the following seller (delivery in Europe). The cable works well, I use it to connect the solar input of an AC200max to a second T500 adapter to charge my AC200max 2 times faster from the grid.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804393362457.html

While I don’t know the internal circuitry of the EP500Pro, the concept of a voltage regulator is straight forward. Basically the output to the regulated voltage is connected to the negative terminal of a DC source, and the positive output is what is regulated to the lower voltage. So, having two of them (even if regulating to a different voltage or current output) would result in both having a common negative terminal. So connecting two regulators that are derived from a common DC source would mean that the positive of the one would be connected to the negative of the other (in series), resulting in shorting out the output of the one regulator since the negatives are also common.

1 Like

For the AC200max, I asked Bluetti the same question : can we put 12V outputs in series (the idea is of course to increase the voltage and therefore the power to get around the ampere limit) and Bluetti answered no! (they couldn’t answer otherwise).

If the 12V outputs of the EP500Pro are protected against short circuits and overcurrent (I don’t know if this is the case), you can probably do the test yourself without risk…

Another element must be taken into account, even if we can put it in series, it will still work continuously for a long time with a high intensity (8/10 A) for one of the 12V output, it can heat up.

Perhaps you can start testing with the simple 12V/30A output of your EP500PRO (of course it will only give 120W or even 96W if the DC input of the b210 imposes the limit of 8A for 12/24V) to see !

1 Like

In the same vein as what is said by Hnymann …, in the EP500PRO manual it is written that
“Note: Cigarette lighter port shares 10A current with 2 DC5521 ports in parallel circuit.”
So these three outputs are put in parallel, it is therefore impossible to put two of them in series : short circuit guaranteed !

PS but I don’t know about the RV port (12V30A) in series with one of the 12V outputs above.

1 Like

An idea, but I don’t know what it’s worth: if you really want to do a test beforehand :
Measure the voltage between :
the (-) of the RV socket and the (+) of a 12V DC output,
and the voltage between the (+) of the RV socket and the (-) of a 12V DC output,
if it’s not zero, you risk a short circuit by connecting them in series.

Snips, thank you for your support! I will try that and see. Would be a nice boost to get it to 24V without the need of a voltage upstep module