How do you use the B300 as a standalone power source?

Why are there no 120vAC outputs on the B300? For instance, if I wanted to keep my AC200Max downstairs and a B300 upstairs, how would I run AC devices upstairs? Using a DC inverter plugged into the B300’s cigarette port, right? What am I missing here?

It’s the way how it is designed. Yes, you will need a DC inverter plugged into the cigarette port.

1 Like

B300 is a battery, not an AC generator :open_hands:
It’s got some nice DC outlets on top of that. From an electronics standpoint, DC to DC is not very demanding.
On the contrary, DC to AC requires heavy and specialized electronics.
B300 being a battery, it probably doesn’t cost much space to add the DC to DC; the extra convenience of a 12V outlet and a range of USB ports was a quick & easy win.

Keep the amp limit in mind; it’s rated 10 amps. Considering the DC-AC conversion loss, don’t expect more than 100W out of that portable inverter.
B300 is a great extension battery, and its outlets are useful in some scenarios (car fridge, charging USB laptops in the van, etc.) where AC isn’t necessary. On top of that, it has a solar input (MPPT takes 12 to 60V, so it can use rooftop grade panels) but can’t use more than 200W of input.
And it has very low standby power consumption.
However, in your case, you might reconsider your layout as it won’t run large AC loads…

The B in B300 stands for “battery” which is what it was designed to be. It does not have an AC inverter in the unit. The B300 extends the run time of main units. You can plug in a tiny inverter into the DC cig port of the B300 but you would be limited to a max output of about 100 watts which is very minimal. If you want to run devices in multiple locations in the house, I would suggest:

1-Run extension cords
2-purchase a second small unit to use upstairs
3-Connect your AC200 Max to your home electrical system via a transfer switch

It’s an add on battery for the actual inverter, the AC200Max, intended to expand it’s total power storage. It was never intended to be used as a stand alone power supply.

I agree 100% with the solutions proposed by Mr. Scott-Benson. The simplest solution for me is to connect the B300 to the AC200 max to pool the capacity, and use an extension cord to connect the upstairs to the AC200MAX.

However, there is another solution for DIYers, you can read my post below which transforms a B230/B300 to do network injection.
https://community.bluettipower.com/t/a-homemade-balcony-solar-system-with-the-bluetti-b230-and-b300-expansion-batteries-for-earlier-adopters/26803

In your case you do not do injection, so you will need an simple inverter (not grid tie). The idea is to directly connect this inverter to the expansion socket of the B300, by using the bluetti P090D cable (to MC4 or XT90) and then put the B300 in “power bank” mode and there you can extract approximately 560 W for your inverter, well beyond the 100W max of the DC outputs.

The above solution would need the understanding of the native battery voltage of the B300 and selecting a voltage appropriate inverter compatible with that native battery voltage.

You are absolutely right, for this to work you need an inverter that supports the 48V-55V DC voltage range. It is recommended that the inverter has a power greater than 600W to take advantage of the maximum power delivered by the B300 in data bank mode. This solution requires skill and is not for beginners of course.