"How do I know If my AC200P is draining at a normal speed?"

ANSWERED BY THE ENGINEERING TEAM (NO-LOAD DRAINS, AT 22℃/71℉, FOR REFERENCE ONLY) :
  • AC ON+ DC ON: 1.5-2.0% charge lost per hour, 36~48% per day.

• [Correction] Power On, AC OFF+DC OFF: 0.4-0.7% charge lost per hour, 9.5~16.8% per day.

*Temperature is a key factor affecting the discharge performance of lithium-iron-phosphate batteries. If your AC200P has large deviation results at a similar temperature , please contact us at service@bluetti.com. (And the 2000Watt inverter is a hungry monster even with no load, that’s the reason why we developed the ECO mode in the first place)

3 Likes

Does ac200 and ac200p use the same inverter? It looks like ac200 consumes 23wh with dc and ac and no load. In a day, ac200 consumes (23 * 24)/1700 = 32%. With ac200p, it should consume even less percentage because it has 2000wh. (23 * 24)/2000 = 28%. But it is claimed to consume up to 48%.

I would suggest reading the posts in this thread for detailed real work results…

1 Like

The temperature will also affect the drain performance of AC200P, not just the inverter. And yes, they are using the same inverter.

By the way, the actual capacity of AC200 is over 1800Wh, not just 1700wh.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional information and clarification.

Bluetti (plus any one else):

What are the overhead rates when the unit is on and:

1. AC on & DC off:
  2. AC off & DC on:
  3. AC & DC both on:

Thanks, John

Read this post. It has everything you ever wanted to see and more about the overhead rates.

1 Like

Scott:
What is the “expected” inverter overhead consumption with the unit on and nothing connected?

John Davis

Read the post that I linked to in your first question. It is full of that information and specifically shows the numbers you are looking for.

Bluetti:

What are the inverter “overhead” (power consumption) rates when the unit is on and:

1. AC on & DC off:
  2. AC off & DC on:
  3. AC & DC both on:

Thanks, John

I’m not sure what the issue is. I supplied you with the link that includes all the information you are asking about. Are you simply wanting a cut and paste without opening the link and browsing through the information that is quite detailed and informative?

Scott-Benson:

My apologies…I saw that link but did not consider it a link to the needed information. I now clicked on it and saw the information! Much thanks.

However, isn’t a 38% reduction in available battery wattage (unit on, AC on, no load) a bit high! At that rate, the battery would lose all its power in about 2.5 days with no load!

New, key question is now this: Assume one is running a 500 watt AC device off of the AC200P. To figure how long the battery would last, one would NOT divide 1800 watts BY 500w, but by 500w plus the inverter overhead. What would one divide the 1800 watts by to get the length of time??? (I think I know, but I want to hear your expertise).

1 Like

2.5 days is not bad to power up a high capacity inverter. But why would a person want to leave something on without using it? The AC200 is kind of like a truck….great at handling big loads but it will use more gas when carrying the burgers home from Mcdonalds when a 50cc moped will get that job done with much less fuel.!

1800 / (load plus overhead) would give approx run time

1 Like

Thanks, Scott-Benson. Understood. However, can you give an answer to my ultimate question, which you did repeat it at the end: “1800 / (load plus overhead) would give approx run time.” Assuming our 500 AC load example, what would be the answer for “X”: 1800 / (500 + X [overhead]) = run time.

Thanks for all the help.

X=23 watts of AC inverter overhead.

Scott-Benson:

Thanks for the answer. Not as bad as I feared.

John

Look at the specs on any higher end large capacity inverter standby overhead and the Bluetti overhead is right in the ballpark. The Bluetti is also powering up other systems as well as a display

Perhaps upcoming ECOFLOW Delta PRO is an exception. According to Hobotech it has a 91% efficiency rating. Another gave it a 93% rating! I think that of everything that is out there, the closest competitor will be the referenced Delta PRO. It may even be better (than the AC300), depending on one’s needs/desires. I am looking for comparisons of the two. The main disadvantage of the Delta PRO and its accessory batteries are their weight.

Efficiency rating and standby idle power consumption are two different issues. Efficiency is simply how much battery power was consumed to produced a specific amount of wattage. Standby consumption is the amount of energy used having a unit on without producing any external exported power. I have not seen any numbers published for other mfg. products but in general if a person wanted to leave a unit on for some reason without drawing power, the smaller the unit, the less standby power draw consumption. Myself personally, I simply turn the unit off when I am not producing power and have no standby power consumption.

1 Like