How can this forum be improved? - Your opinion is wanted!

Hey everyone,

I would like to start a small discussion about how this forum can be improved in your eyes.

• What are you missing?
  • What do you need?
  • Are there any existing features that should be improved?

Let’s discuss in this thread to make this the best place for information about Bluetti products!

I am looking forward to your opinions :)

Erik
Edit 1: Push

1 Like
  • So many posts are just big walls of text because the forum doesn’t have automatic formatting and line spacing.

• Needs more work to make it phone friendly as the Categories overhang the edge and it’s difficult to navigate.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you. Formatting is a really big point. Thanks for sharing your feedback! @Sideeffect

1 Like

Fully agreed. And preventing to open a new tab on some clicks (category? back to “latest topics”? etc.) would help.
Yes, formatting is probably a priority. I’ve come to use dots to separate paragraphs.
Other than that, I like the forum, and the mentality / kindness of people here.

1 Like

@BLUETTI Maybe pin this topic? So it stays always on top?

1 Like

We could use a problem/solution pinned section.
For me, some problems were solved by rebooting (power down) the device. You have to first remove any and all PV inputs, including any to the batteries.
So far, Factory Reset hasn’t solved any problems for me, but can’t hurt to try.
If you’re getting over-voltage alarms on a new setup, rewire your solar panels in parallel to reduce the Voc (Open circuit voltage). Voltage adds up in Series wiring.
Yes, it’s okay to have more wattage or amps than the input specs, but not VOLTAGE. When buying panels, pay attention to the Voc. That has to stay within the specs. You want your array Voc as high as possible without going over the max input.
If you have B300s batteries, you can plug extra solar panels directly into them using the provided cable. This will add to your total PV input but it won’t show up directly. Maybe someday the App will show it. As always, stay within the Voc spec, (for this input, it’s 12 - 60V). About the only downside are the 2 extra wires to run for each battery. With 6 batteries you’re looking at 16 wires total coming into your house, so you might want to label them :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to have some kind of indication that you have read a post, maybe add color on the topic links and if you have clicked on it than the link would change colors.

Currently, only the web version of forum can achieve a relatively attractive format (line spacing and paragraphing). The limitations of the forum on the app are still relatively significant. However, I will forward your suggestions to the app development dept in the hope of optimizing it as soon as possible.

Please use this thread to discuss matters related to forum optimization. For any BLUETTI product-related inquiries, kindly redirect your questions to the appropriate thread.
Thank you. :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

@BLUETTI I think what @St8kout means is that he would like to have a section where common problems for a Bluetti Product are posted with a solution or a thread that is already open. So everyone who experience a problem can have a look into this thread and see if this already a known problem instead of creating a specific topic over and over again here.

:+1:
Yep, that’s what I was referring to.
I had so many questions at the start that were not covered in the manual.

1 Like

Since we have many new users since the original posts.

@Newbies Do you have any recommendations for the forum?

Just to add my feedback, I only use the web and its ok in terms of posting a reply like this. But, the constant new browser page openeing everytime I click a new post or something is quite frustrating, in no amount of time, I have 10 new web tabs open.

I also dont know the engine that this site is using, but more traditional forum applications give a more complete feel, rather than a table of text, which is how it feels to me. Almost blog like content. Again, its not a critism, more constructive feedback.

I find the categories and subforums a bit hard to navigate. And on mobile these are nowhere to be found for me. I would prefer a more classic forums software like phpBB or Invision.

I also dislike that the line spacing I type here is not what gets posted. I have to add additional HTML codes for proper white lines.

From the the software this the worst forum i have ever uses.
Bloated animated crap loading way to many un needed crap way to slow.
The Text is content we want is only a view kb and shuld load virtually instant.

All this gamification achievement nonsense?!

Every Plain HTML Forum of the 2000s was better.

If i go to the start page Halve of my screen real estate is taken up by non sens commercial for bluetti…
I’m already on your side stop showing me useless CGI pictures.

The community shuld also not have “moderators” arbitrary remove or closes posts.
and avoid responsibility by claiming not to work for bluetti.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

You can actually format the text yo write here, but nobody really use it. Would a tutorial for “How to format text here” be helpful?

Thanks @TheQuickFox for your Feedback! Yes, for newcomers its a bit difficult to get into formatting.

I agree.

Hi @lambda

so you wish that the big banners disappear? Maybe they can upload some smaller banners that doesnt take that much space. For my part i like the achievemts.

About the moderators (this is for you too @Mike3 ): Its there job to keep the community clean, including none sense Posts that nobody in the forum helped in any way.

Also the mods are private persons, just like me and you, who dont work for bluetti. We are just regular users and bluetti enthusiasts.

This is a place to help each other, not to blame.

greetings
Erik

1 Like

Users Sharing there Experience with the Products, Support and in the community. is not nonsense but Extremely Helpful.

Many would not have bought products if they would have known how the support is or how the company pollexy with “freedom of speech is”

There was nothing “on clean” “False” or “against the rules” with the posts @ Mike3 are talking about.

2 Likes