Get the wireless charging off

I have only a EB3A and a AC200MAX. So I can’t speek for all Bluetti powerstations. I never use the wireless charging areas. But I cannot switch them off separately. Yes, I need the DC output so the silly wireless charging is always on. I don’t want to have the wireless charger on and rate there (idle) power nor have panik if some cable or coils are laying on the powerstation which use unplanned consumption. I would wish if at least the app has a possibility to switch them off. Or is the only way to to open the case and get the power connectors off? What is with the guarantee if I do that?
Sigi

I got an idea: Bluetti should make a gift for powerstation buyers or sell a little led light like a lantern or/and some other designs to set on the wireless charging top of the powerstations which get wireless power to the led. Beautiful, or? Would be nice off grid with the mobile home or a tent.
Sigi

The two wireless chargers when in idle use approximately 0.25 watts combined. Really it’s very little. It’s about a 3rd of 1% on the ac200max per day or 6 watt hours.

As Emax metioned, the power draw is really minimal but its happening. There are other powerstations from other manufactors where you can disable any single output instead just DC und AC.

I just think its not worth it to complicate the electronics inside the powerstation for such a little advantage. In my opinion they can remove the wireless pads complety. Phones just getting hot, its slower and more ineffective like with a cable and you cant even use it while charging. I see no real point for such pads. Only when you forgot a cable its nice to have.

1 Like

@Emax
Thanks for the info. But 6Wh are 144W/day and over 1.000W/week. When a backup system should run from the power station, 6Wh are too much. And if cables or coils are laying on top there would be more power gone and that could be a insecure part of use (like burning).

@Selfmadestrom
I am conform with you. Pull them out and through them away. I would never need them (only if bluetti gets a pad-light). If you forgot a cable to charge that helps only some little part of people who have a smartphone with wireless charging.

Sigi

It would be 6 watt hours a day, 42 watt hours a week & 180 wh a month.

@Emax: 6 Wh * 24 h (that is a day) = 144 W a day. Wh means for 1 (one) hour! Sigi

It is 0.25 watts, making for 0.25 watt hours per hour. 0.25 X 24 hours equals 6, 6 watt hours. Not sure what it is you are not understanding here? It’s basic arithmetic’s.

FYI, cables and non-wireless charging items laying on the wireless charging pads will not consume any extra power. When a phone with wireless charging is placed on the charging pad, the phone detects a signal from the pad and activates its receiver. Next there is some communication from the pad to make sure the device is compatible, and only then charging begins. Random stuff on the charging pad will not activate a charging cycle.

1 Like

@hnymann

Yes, thats right. But there need the be something “always on” that Phone and charging pad can communicate. Right? Or does it more work like a nfc tag?

Hi @Emax
sorry I overread your writing as “… per day or 6 watt hours.”. The better way would be to say the powerstation needs 0.25Wh. You did. Then everybody can calculate further. Wh is defined as power over 1 (ONE) hour. As correcting your term you should say that are 6W per day, NOT 6Wh. Sorry Emax but 6Wh ARE 6W in ONE hour. Sorry for my old eyes. They didn’t see your (incorrect) daily determination. ;)
Then my powerstation leeks some power over night for something I could not see.
Sigi

@hnymann: Thank you for your information. I didn’t know that there is a communication between charger and to charger. Then my idea with a pad-light to set on the charger position wouldn’t work so simple. But the communication polling part in the powerstation needs energy too that I don’t need to go off.
Bluetti could say if the communication polling part is deactivated when dc is on but the power cable inside of the powerstation to the wireless pads are disconnected?
Sigi

I mixed the questions together, so this is for @Selfmadestrom and @sigi-und-so . The NFC tag reader device also needs power to “see” the tag, so it’s the same thing. However, the power drain for the wireless charger (and NFC reader) is very small, according to Emax it’s approximately 1/8 of a watt for each charger. There would be more power being consumed by the low-voltage regulator circuits than the wireless charging pads. It’s not nothing, but it is fairly insignificant. However, your concept of a wireless charge-pad activated light could possibly work.

1 Like