Firmware confusion EB3A

I am confused, brand new EB3A, or so it seems. Europe version eith DSP 2052.09,
app says there is no update.

however there are many newer versions judging from forum posts.

what’s the difference between 2052.09 and 2052.10 up to 13?
and why does the app not offer the update?

what ist the arm part and what ist the DSP part?

@dpls_e37 ARM is generally related to the display program, responsible for display content, button functions, etc.; DSP is generally related to charging control, inverter power control, fan strategy control, etc.; BMS is related to SOC management. The factory date is different, the latest firmware version may also be different.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the abbreviations

I assumed the version is dependent on factory date, but that I still wonder what has been improved in th different versions and why updates to newer versions are not offered automatically?

@BLUETTI_CARE
Thanks for the clarification regarding the abbreviations

I assumed the version is dependent on factory date, but I still wonder what has been improved in the different versions and why updates to newer versions are not offered automatically?

@dpls_e37 Generally speaking, a newly released version may fix some bugs, but it still needs a lot of testing before being pushed to all machines. Once this version is verified to be ok, it will be pushed to all machines.

“may” is an interesting phrasing, it either shows a lot of trust in your engineers or explains your luctance to publish a change long.

so I guess, wee have to go one by one through my issues:

@BLUETTI_CARE
is there a firmware version that lowers the threshold Watt/Amp requirements to start solar charging?

@dpls_e37 I’m sorry currently there is no such firmware. Normally, the PV input voltage must reach above 12V to start charging.

I am well aware of this, the input of the solar panel 18V
a competitor power station with range 15-28 Range happily starts charging, only Bluetti does not

and also I explicitly asked about Watt/Amp NOT Voltage

@dpls_e37 Could you please provide me with the SN and the firmware version so I can check if it is the latest version?

@dpls_e37 have you taken a multi-meter to the leads of the solar panel prior to plugging into the bluetti to verify that the voltage is in fact >12v?? Even tho your panel might be “rated” with a voc/vdc of 18v, does not mean that it is going to be outputting that number. You could try getting another panel, (if the voltage is in fact within the 12-28VDC input limit of the eb3a) and connect them in parallel to overpanel the unit. And just for clarification purposes, when one “over panels” a unit (by connecting panels in Parallel to keep the voltage down) it will add up the available amps, which is completely fine because the bluetti and its built in mppt charge controller will only accept what its capable of… in this case with the eb3a it is 8.5amps.

Multimeter showed 18v when I tested, this was as expected as the spec says so and as I wrote above another power station with range 15-28 Range happily starts charging. I asked about Watts/Amps to start charging as with full sunlight it is not a problem, but with cloudy skies it is, as in this constellation less amps are available.

once started charging it goes down to 1 or 2 watts, but to start it seems to need 18 Watt or 1 Amp for my 18V Ecoflow Panel at least this seems to be the case.

and also, in the mean time I found various other threads on this Forum highlighting the same or similar issue.
in one thread there was even a suggestion to add a capacitor to a cable (I do not have the tools to try this), EB3A Solar input not working - Product Discussion / BLUETTI EB Series - BLUETTI Community - https://community.bluettipower.com/

anyways I am currently on the road, will supply the data once I am back home

@BLUETTI_CARE
based on your answer above and as the app does not offer a new version, I assumed it should be current enough
anyway
EU Version i.e 220V
SN EB3A2307010796621
ARM v2053.07
DSP v2052.09

@dpls_e37 The new firmware will be pushed in 6 hrs. You can try to update the firmware to test if it works.

Hello, I have EB3A. When I plug in the solar module, the display (Input) starts flashing and the error message PV voltage too low appears in the app. But I can measure 18V with the multimeter. SN EB3A2306001482230 ARM v2053.07 DSP v2052.09 I’m probably not the only one with this problem and I keep reading about an upgrade. How do I get the upgrade?

1 Like

do get an upgrade you have to specifically ask bluetti, they do NOT provide updates automatically
the newer version did not help
I have given up on Bluetti and moved to another brand