External Battery Connection Cable

I have 2 B300 batteries and would like to power a 48v load:

1. can I use the External Battery Connection Cable to XT60 or XT90 to power it?
  2. can both batteries be linked together with a battery cable.
  3. can you charge using another input on the B300s while using the External Battery Connection, if both batteries are link with battery cable, will it charge both batteries from one input?

Essentially, battery 1 linked to Battery 2 and then use the external battery connection cable to power the load. Solar is plugged into battery 1 or 2.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @FrankD and welcome to the forum!

Do you mean this cable?
I’d ask @BLUETTI as I don’t have practical experience with that wire.

Generally speaking, B300 can be use as a stand alone battery to feed small loads via its 12V DC plug (cig lighter type), USB-A and USB-C outputs. Its large connectors (P90D) are only meant, to my knowledge, for compatible power stations (AC300, AC200L and maybe a couple more). Only B230 has, to my knowledge, a “power bank” feature that can use the above cable - again, needs confirmation / compatibility info from Admin.

Yes, but for connection with a compatible power station as mentioned in the previous paragraph. Even though B300 is natively a 48V system, I don’t think you can “communicate” with it using a third party load that doesn’t speak the same BMS language (in some brands, it’s V.CAN, but seems proprietary in the case of Bluetti).

B300 has a DC input as illustrated in the official userguide below, see plug 8 & 9

Just to avoid misunderstandings, let’s refer to that schematic for any follow-up question!

Speaking of a 48V load, how big is the load, and what kind of load is that?

• If it’s below 100W, you could use one of those on the 12V output (needs an extra adaptor / custom wire).
  • If it’s more, you could consider an AC200L as it natively support 48V output (up to 8A, that’s 380W) but needs an adaptor (aviator to your own plug).
  • if it’s to recharge a 48V battery, then you need an intermediate, 3-step battery charger.