EP800 AC Input connection

Hello,

I am curious, does the EP800 have the same capability as the AC300 & AC500 of connecting an AC in to supply as a passthrough if the batteries are low SOC and there is no PV input. From the instructions, I see that you can “hardwire” an AC input but that setup is usually to connect to a subpanel/panel. With the AC300/500 you have an AC input that plugs directly into a standard AC outlet in the home and you can control the max Amps that the AC300/500 can use from that outlet; would I be able to hardwire a standard 120 V / 15 amp plug that would work in the same scenario.
Typically I would want to use the system off grid, however, I would like to have the option of supplying extra AC power during periods of low PV input. I would not want to hook up the EP800 directly to the Main Panel (Grid) but would like the capability to add an additional source of AC in (e.g. Home grid AC plug or Generator).

One last observation, it appears that the AC in is 240V (L1,L2,N, and G), can it be wired at 120 V, not using the L2?

Thanks.
Will

@wtytke
The EP800 has the same functionality as the AC300 and AC500, which is to provide direct power supply through utility bypass when the battery SOC is low and there is no PV input. However, it does not come with a charging cable like the AC300 and AC500. The EP800 needs to be connected to the main panel all times. If you do not want to connect it to the main panel, you can add an additional generator power source. Connecting directly to 120V will result in a phase loss alarm, which cannot be done at present.

“If you do not want to connect it to the main panel, you can add an additional generator power source.”
So does it need to be a 240 V Generator output? Would a 120 V generator also set off a Phase loss alarm?

“Connecting directly to 120V will result in a phase loss alarm, which cannot be done at present.”
What if you connected the EP800 to a 240 Outlet? Would you still set off a phase loss alarm?

@wtytke
Connecting single phase 120V will alarm phase loss protection, connecting dual firewire 240V will work normally.