EP600, why is it self-discharging while switched off?

With the weather forecast predicting bad weather with lots of snow for the next few days, I’m wondering whether I should take the EP600 out of service.
Yesterday I switched off the EP600 with exactly the SOC lower limit of 50% in the app. Today, after 12 hours, the app shows me a battery level (4x B500) of 45%. That is an extrapolated 10% self-discharge in 24 hours, despite switching off !

How high should the self-discharge be
a) in operation (grid-connected, less than SOC low-value)?
b) out of operation (soft switched off, not by green main-switch on the B500)?

10% self-discharge per day is too much for me for the winter, when I don’t generate any PV electricity. Charging with grid power just to lose everything again the next day is not an option.
What is your winter strategy, to fully charge once and then hard switch off (with green main switch) and have a full reserve for a longer period in case of a blackout?
Or do you not care about self-discharge and have to constantly compensate for the losses?

1 Like

@SigiKa After shutting down, the switch of the battery pack must also be turned off, otherwise it will still consume power. It consumes more power when the temperature is low in winter. This is determined by the characteristics of the battery itself, just like when a mobile phone is placed in a subzero environment. There is about 60W loss when connected to the grid.

@BLUETTI_CARE thanks for clarify.
How to turn off? Is it enough with the green button or do you also mean the manual main switch (fuse) on each single battery?
Is the 60W loss over all (EP600 + all B500), is it only the EP600 (useing two of it), or must it be added for each battery?

@SigiKa 60W loss for all.

Turn the battery switch to off when it is turned off.

1 Like