EP500 first week experience issues

Hi there!

I purchased my EP500 about a week ago. It really helps me stay connected and have light :slight_smile:
But on the second day, I encountered some issues that I don’t understand. I live in Ukraine, and it’s difficult to get the necessary consultation or service here right now. I hope you guys can help me.

Here are the issues:

1. When turning on the AC or DC output, there was initially a clicking sound (I don’t know what it is, but I think it’s normal). However, on the second day, after turning on the AC output, the device displayed an error with code 035 (which is not described in the manual). After rebooting, the error didn’t appear again, the AC output works, but there’s no more clicking sound. The DC output still clicks.
    What does this mean? Should I be concerned?
  2. When charging the device from the socket, the charge percentage reaches 85-90%, then charging stops, and the screen shows 100%.
    Is this normal?

@BLUETTI_CARE could you suggest something? I would be grateful for any suggestions!
The store answers by ‘Bring it here, we will check’, but it’s difficult for me because the device weighs almost as much as I do.

Hi @Otto, Based on your description, we believe the SOC of your EP500 is incorrect. In this case, we recommend calibrating the battery. This should help resolve the issue.
Please follow the steps below:

1. Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station till it is out of power and turns off automatically);
  2. Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.
  3. Once the power is 100% fully charged, turn off the machine, and leave it the whole day.
    Please let us know if it does help.
    We’d like to know if the clicking sound persists after calibration. If it does, please record a video and share it with us for further inspection.
1 Like

Thanks! Will try to do so.

Hello @BLUETTI_CARE
In general, I completed the described actions. After charging, the device was left idle for a day. Here are the results:

1. Grid = approx. 550W.
  2. When the device showed a charge of 37%, the grid volume was 1.02 kWh.
  3. From 0% to 100%, the device charged in approx. 9 hours.
  4. At 100% charge, the grid volume was 3.01 kWh (although the math suggests that 550W * 9 hours = 4.95 kWh). I`ve also have a grid relay ah home and it says that the socket gave 5.4 kWh at the same time.
  5. The clicking sound when turning on the AC is still absent. There is still a sound with DC.
    I have a video here - document_5276178112646764718.mp4 - Google Drive

I believe this means that the battery is fine, but there might be an issue with the control board or the watt meters.
Am I right? Should I try something else or just contact the seller for warranty?

Hi @Otto, We have reviewed the video, and while the noise is indeed a bit unusual, it does not appear to affect the usage.

1 Like