Electricity usage monitor

Looks like the Categories have changed, thought we had an ‘other’ category. Obviously this is not about specific Bluetti product but something that can help us determine our watts needs.

I have a killowatt P4 meter but I’ve seen people use other meters to measure electric usage by home appliances, etc.

My question is what device do you use the track electric usage and what do u like about the tool/device? I see various ones used in videos but I dont see the name of the device, i just know its not a killowatt meter.

Thanks in advance.

I recently purchased this one. It was inexpensive and does the job I need it to, which is simply to measure power consumption over time. To be honest though, only real-time testing with actual solar generators is meaningful to determine expected runtime in my experience.

1 Like

I have four different brands and this is my favorite so far https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P8M7N9F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It has large easy to read numbers, a bright backlight that stays on for several minutes and holds total, high and low watts until deleted. My least favorite is the Poniie which is hard to read due to the small display and dim numbers plus deleting the data is harder than it should be.

1 Like

Thank you both for your replies @number37 @eric102 . I will look into your recos.

Both of those meter look like they will fit the bill. Like the data save.

I do wonder what kind of load that fellow was measuring that resulted in the burned up Suraielec?

Thanks again for your feedback.