EB70 - Output Poor

Hi, could someone please explain to me:
I used the power station for the first time today, and got really bad output:
EB70, fully charged, with 150kw as output, only lasts 3 hours then the battery switches off (drained).
Is this the norm for this machine (although output is listed as 1000kw)? Or am I doing something wrong?

Hello! I do have an EB70, the USA version. The numbers you are stating don’t match up to my device, but it might just be a matter of units of measure. For example, my EB70 can output 700 watts of AC power, and the battery is 716 Wh (watt-hours). In a perfect world without any losses or inefficiencies I could run a 700 watt device for an hour. But, the AC inverter uses power to convert to AC, so realistically I could expect about 90%, maybe less, of the battery capacity, so closer to 640 watt-hours. So a 700 watt device would last around 55 minutes, and a 400 watt device would last about 1.5 hours.

When you stated your output was 150 kilowatts, did you perhaps mean 150 watts? If that is the case, then it should have operated that device for about 4.3 hours. If you happened to also have the DC output turned on it would have drained the battery quicker than that. But I’m not sure what you mean by output listed as 1000kw.

Feel free to ask more questions and I’ll try to better understand the issue.

@Amelia When you receive the power station, please do a full cycle of charge and discharge at the first time.

Furthermore, 716Wh × DoD × η ÷ (load power) = running time (estimated)
Note: DoD refers to the Depth of Discharge, η is the local inverter efficiency. DoD=90%, η=90%. (Load power and charging time are measured in Watt and Hour.)

Hi Henry,
I am using the South African version of the device.

I am running my TV, Wi-Fi Router and DSTV decoder on the machine (AC).
Samsung TV = 180w
DSTV decoder = 50w
Fibre ONU = 5w
Wifi Router = 10w

It is set on Eco and 50hz.

The “output” is 155w (I have attached a photo of what I mean)

It only runs for 3hours, and then shuts down

I have done the discharge and recharge exercise twice.

Should it not be able to run for longer, as the output is not that high?

Can you maybe assist with the hour calculation?

@Amelia When you do the full cycle of charge and discharge, please ignore the SOC. Please completely drain the battery until it automatically shuts down, and then charge it with AC until it is fully charged and automatically shuts down. If this doesn’t work, the EB70 needs to be repaired. Waiting for your update.