EB70 low capacity cut-off error ?

Good morning

I have an EB70 that is rarely used. When it is idle it is always connected to a 100W solar panel.

When I connect a 400W AC charge, it only lasts 30 minutes, meaning I only use about 200 Wh. At that point it still tells me that I have 80% battery, but the output turns off and does not give me any more power. In order to continue, I have to charge it immediately.

How can I fix this?
Thank you.

Hi @EB4CTV

normally you can fix SoC related problems by discharge the battery until the outlets get shut off and then recharge it at a constant rate by AC.

When the AC Power cuts off in your case, do the DC Outputs still works?

greetings
Erik

Hi Erik

First, many thanks for your fast answer.
Could it be only AC output thermal overload ?
I will measure DC outputs when AC Power cuts off and tell you.

Kind regards
Manuel

@EB4CTV 716Wh × DoD × η ÷ (load power) = charging time (estimated)
DoD refers to the Depth of Discharge, η is the local inverter efficiency. DoD=90%, η=90%.
What device did you load with EB70?

My EB70 is always connected to a 100W solar panel, so it’s always full.
My station is only for emergencies, so I don’t use it very often.

But yesterday I checked the capacity with a 400W AC load (small heater) and it only had 200Wh (400W for half an hour).
After 30 minutes, the AC output was cut off, but the battery showed 80%.

@EB4CTV The power of the heater is not constant and may increase as the temperature rises during use. Did you load other device with EB70?

I am electronic engineer.
No. The power is monitorized with a external meter. It decreases with time. Starts 450 W, but fastly go down to constant 390-400 W.
Why AC output stops 1/2 h later with only 20% battery used ??.

Hello Erik.

Excuse my limited English.
After AC output is cut off, I connect a 50W 12V DC lamp into the DC output. It lights 30 seconds, but also the DC output cut off. But now the capacity bar goes down completely to 0% and empty battery red icon is on.

CONCLUSIONS:
1 - State Of Charge (SoC) es completely wrong. Not linear at all. It seems digital 0 or 1.
2 - With a 400W AC the actual capacity is not 700 Wh at all, even taking into account conversion losses.

I wanted to buy another BLUETTI EB70 for another house, but I think I’ll buy another brand.
Best regards

Hi again @EB4CTV
Thats the state we want. Red Battery symbol and outputs inactive. When you do this 2 times and recharge only by AC, unit it doesn’t accept any power, it should be fine again.

95% of the cases are solved with this.

greetings
Erik

Hi Selfmadestrom

I have measured 2 times a total stored energy of about only 200 Wh. Since my 2-year warranty is active, I sent it to Besender Service GmbH today to have it fixed. I hope they fix it properly, because I want to buy another unit. If the result is not good, I will unfortunately have to buy another brand.
Thank you for your interest

1 Like