EB3A will not turn on

I recently had a power outage and my EB3A ran down to 0. When this happened previously, i plugged in the solar panel and it charged up a bit so that i could plug it back into the grid and charge it up. This time round it will not charge at all.

Reported the issue to South Africa support but after they requested my details i have not received a response. Since load shedding is back i would like to have the device operational again so that i can work.

I managed to get the screen to turn on when the panel was plugged in. Input power on the panel is 0 and grid also shows 0 while the battery charge percentage shows 100%. I can also see a battery communication error A006.

I left it on the panel for two days with no change. WHen i look through the exhaust vents i can see a green light when its plugged in.

With the device plugged into grid power alone the screen will not turn on.

If the device is drained to “0” and left in that state, the battery continues to use power and will eventually go below the voltage threshold necessary for the BMS to be able to charge. Very important to recharge as soon as possible after running a battery completely out.

So how do you get it to charge again after this happens. Clearly a factory fault.

I have an ecoflow as well and this does not happen to the ecoflow.

Ehat happens now?
Does the device remain a brickor does Bluetti come to the party to resolve this fault?

This is not a Bluetti only issue. All sogens regardless of brand have this complaint. (I have many ecoflow units and am on several forums as well and they too have complaints with failure to charge) The problem is that the battery mgt. system needs a minimum power to operate and allow charging. Once the batteries drop below that voltage, the battery mgt. system is unable to start or charge. The battery is not dead, just below the minimum cut off. Most units are designed to leave 10% of battery capacity after reading 0% state of charge. But…after they read “0” state of charge they continue to consume a small amt. of power until it is too late and the minimum battery voltage is reached. If there is no battery mgt. system, bad things can happen like overcharging, fires etc.

The only way at this point to avoid a dead and bricked battery is to charge the unit up promptly when it has discharged. If a sogen is left at 0% and not responsibly re-charged, it will not be usable. Some have had success with attempting to charge with a car charger for a day or two until the BMS can “wake up” . The only sure fire way is to connect a charger directly to the battery bypassing the BMS system. When this occurs the unit will turn on and begin charging. Problem is that you have to have access to the internal battery leads and are smart enough to only apply the voltage long enough for normal charging to begin. I have run all my units down to “0” regularly and all have charged again without issue regardless of brand. I have also never run a unit down to 0 and let it sit for more than a few hours without charging it again.

As an experiment you may want to purchase a brand new vehicle, take it home and leave the lights on all night. Then call the dealer a week later and tell them your vehicle is dead but under warranty and have them fix it

fair enough, but i havent left this device hidden in storage to trickle consume power till there is none left to control its own memory on how to work. I had a two hour power outage. The battery turned off during that power outage and it would not charge again after that.

I followed the community tips adn left it charging on the 120watt panel that i bought with it for two full days and nothing I got the to turn on and took screenshots of the problem. I cannot get the device to charge again after running so low.

What is the solution. A car an be jump started. How do i jump start a product that does not respond to any power input. When i plug the battery into the mains, there i no response. I got the screen to turn on once and took screenshots of the phone connected via bluetooth.

What is the next step to get the device working. Can i get a solution please

I would contact customer service for assistance

@Trashbone87 A006 means Battery communication failure. If the error is not caused by a failed firmware upgrade, you can try to restart the machine. If this method does not work, please contact after-sales support for a warranty.

i finally got the thing to start charging again

i took the whole thing apart, completely removed the front panel from the device left it disconnected for like 5 minutes and then plugged the front panel back in and noticed the A006 error had been cleared. I then had to leave it connected to a power source and the UPS light came on. It showed 0 from Grid and from solar for about an hour and then the fan started spinning and input wattage went up to over 200 which showed it started charging,

How do i configure the device to cut off before reaching absolute 0?

Therein lies the issue… you can’t. The manufacturer could set a higher lower limit before shutdown but that would only extend the time you have before a recharge was no longer possible. It also limits the amount of usable watt hours a customer can receive and lowering the capacity is not a great marketing move. A couple of years ago I thought a master on and off switch that would kill all power would be great for storage but for a reason I do not recall, it was not feasible.